Foundation match help?

Dani California

Hi,

So excited I found the NARS board :)

Anyway, I'm having major trouble with foundations as is always the case this time of year. I'm pretty fair/pale. I have more pinky undertones. I used to use Prescriptives Traceless Level 1, which is the blue red undertones, and Camelia in the foundations. Other good matches have been Max factor Xperience weightless in Light Ivory. I'm not really a creamy ivory in their colours, as I find it too yellow. Light ivory is much more pinky. They have discontinued this grrrrrrr!

I'm having a lot of trouble as I'm finding the ones I'm trying are too yellow looking on my skin, for example, the new Max factor CC cream, which is meant to replace Xperience weightless, the fair shade is too yellow compared to my light ivory one and it just makes me look ill! Also sometimes a too pinky one looks weird or sunburny or chalky.

Ones I've had samples of that were reasonably successful were Smashbox Healthy FX in F0, which is neutral I think? and the Halo one in shade 1, which is pinky and looked nice on me. It looked like it was the right tone. I also have trouble with finding one pale enough and some pinky ones are quite dark on me.

Whew, sorry for the ramble! Based on this info, would I be NARS sheer glow in siberia or mont blanc? I am worried Siberia would be too yellow and Mont Blanc would be right tones with the pink but too dark?

Thank you if you read this far. Appreiciate any advice xx

shellygrrl

Staff member
Siberia is definitely yellow. Try Mont Blanc first. http://karlasugar.net/2009/10/nars-sheer-glow-foundation/

Dani California

Thank you so much to you both. :)

Really appreciate the input, I thought that siberia would be way yellow for me. I'm definitely gonna try Mont Blanc first, just a bit worried it might be too dark? Only way is to try it though!

Thank you both who replied :)

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thank you so much to you both. :)

Really appreciate the input, I thought that siberia would be way yellow for me. I'm definitely gonna try Mont Blanc first, just a bit worried it might be too dark? Only way is to try it though!

Thank you both who replied :)
It's pretty light. I don't have my shade in the foundations you mentioned, but I'm about a Mac NC15, possibly a bit lighter in the winter and it's a good match for me. I would try either the Sheer Glow or Sheer Matte formulas, though and not the new compact foundations, since that formula seems to run darker.

Dani California

Still unsure as what to go for with these two shades, mont blanc or siberia?

Mont blanc would be right with the pink cool undertones, but maybe bit dark? Siberia would be right in paleness, but probably too yellow even though its meant to be neutral. Arghh

Anyone know what shades they are in other foundations that maybe able to help?

shellygrrl

Staff member
Can you get samples of each shade? Anyway, I wear SG Siberia, despite it running yellow. On me, it's fine once it's blended in. (My undertones are more neutral; I have no idea what shade I am in most MAC foundations.) I also use Becca's Radiant Skin Satin Finish Foundation in Shell.

I need to a lighter color of Sheer Glow and I have no clue which I should get. I wear Santa Fe in the summer and it's an exact match. Help please!

Latest posts