• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Foundation- Mineralize satinfinish

baby_blooz

Overall Rating 5
Price: 5
Packaging Quality: 5
Would you buy this product again? yes

After going through MAC's liquid foundations 1 by 1 .. I finally found one that I can wear. The first few weeks of trying this i started getting breakouts ..I wasnt too pleased considering I am not someone who breaks out.
I loved this stuff, so i started trying different things to see if i could prevent the breakouts & still use this. First thing i did was go out and buy one of those facial cleansing brushes . I decided that i wouldnt allow this to stay on my face any longer than it needed to. So , the second im home for the day I use my little face scrubber & scrub my face really good. Ive always had a great skincare routine, but that wasnt enough for this foundation aparantly.
Now , i can use this stuff & have no more problems with it. I also decided that if i was staying home for the day, id skip my face & just do my eyes..that way my face could rest from this.

On to the good stuff , this gives light to medium coverage , but is buildable if you let it dry between applications. Ove it i use MSF natural & i have the perfect amount of glowiness to my face ..and boy this makes your skin look flawless as a team.
I wouldnt recommend this to someone who is acne prone or has oily skin ..I think its better suited for normal to dry skin & more mature skin also.

dr.kitten

Overall Rating 5

currently my HG foundation, my skin has finally settled into this after i tested out the select spf (felt too greasy & oily for me) and the studio fix fluid (loved it, but broke me out something fierce). i like the fresh, dewy look this foundation gives me & the coverage is great, i can build it really easily. i started using moisturelush cream as a primer & this foundation lasts all day long without feeling heavy. i am a NC15 too, so the lighter foundations tend to wash me out even more, but this one matches perfectly!

rocknroll_lies

Overall Rating 3
Would you buy this product again? No

I'm NW15 and it matches my skin really well, plus I like that it isn't too heavy but I cannot stand the satinfinish at all, really of my cup of tea.

foomph

Overall Rating 5

I have both NC 20 and 25, for winter and summer. I love this foundation. I have normal to dry skin and I love the finish this gives my skin-dewy and luminescent, but not oily.

hollytron

Overall Rating: 3
Price [Value]: 3

This product is like putting a lotion on your face that never seems to dry. It's quite slick and don't even think about touching your face! It seems to never dry... my face always feels too moist and if something touches my face (like my phone) it gets a little smidge of foundation on it. It's like your face is melting off, and therefore doesn't really last long. A couple times of blotting your face easily will take it off.

It's too bad, too, because the color is gorgeous.

Winterwhite

Overall Rating: 2
Price [Value]: 3

I had a sample and wanted to buy this because of the excellent colour (very light NC 15, lighter than the other foundations) and some good reviews.
Unfortunately the foundation oxidized on my skin so that by the end of the day it was very orange and dark. I looked like I had an orange suntan. Luckily for me I tried this at home. Also it made my skin itch and a few days later I noticed breakouts.
So I´m thankful for the sample, but I would have wished even more the colour had stayed the same throughout the day, because the general feeling of this is good; the coverage was very light and nice.

cipelica

Overall Rating 2
Price: 4

I love the pump, the product can easily be dosed. Coverage is light/medium. I have slightly visible pores an this makes them more visible. When I put it on it slightly itches, and it oxidizes on me during the day. Big no for me.

meaghanb2926

Re: Foundation- Mineralize satinfinish
Overall Rating 4
Would you buy this product again? Yes

Definitely love the pump! It has good coverage without feeling heavy. Great finish that leaves you feeling more dewy than powdery like some foundations. Too dewy for me though by itself so I use my 182 Buffer Brush and apply Laura Mercier's translucent powder or BE Mineral Veil and its awesome.

xjennlee

Overall Rating: 5
Would you buy this product again? Yes

Definitely my current HG foundation. I've used Studio Fix Fluid, but it was too dry and thick on my face. It looked cakey. However, I exchanged that for the Satinfinish and love it. I have combination acne-prone skin (more dry than oily) so I put on a moisturizer right before the foundation and my face looks fresh throughout the whole day. I finish it off with MSF to get a flawless look. I found out that CCO sells these for only $17.50 so I'll definitely be going there after I use my current bottle.

MAHALO

Overall Rating: 5
Would you buy this product again? Definitely Yes

I used MAC Select foundation for several years and was very pleased with it. But my color has been discontinued so I've been on the hunt for another foundation. I've found it! I love this foundation. When I apply it with my 187, I can get the light coverage that I like and the NW43 color is a good match for my skintone. Sometimes I mix 1/2 pump of NC45 with a full pump of NW43 for a perfect match. This foundation gives my skin a fresh dewy glow. And, I have not had problems with the color changing as some others have reported.

My skin is normal and tends towards slightly dry. This foundation may not be ideal for very oily skin but normal/dry types will probably like it. I have converted both my daughter (normal/slightly oily) and sister (normal/slightly oily) to this foundation. They both love it too.

I love the dispenser cap

chilwah

Overall Rating: 4
Would you buy this product again? maybe

I really like it, but find the coverage too light.

palmetto_barbie

Overall Rating 1
Price: 2
Packaging Quality: 4
Would you buy this product again? if i wanted to be put on suicide watch...

there is one particular MA @ a MAC counter in SC that's just evil..i think she might practice voodoo. these days when i see he after driving 45min to get to MAC...i just turn around. anytime she's there she actually argues with me about what i want...i don't ask for advice...she just contradicts me. i went to get select spf one day before i knew better and she talked me into mineralize satinfinish...which looks orange on me, btw, and did at the counter. immediately after using this stuf i got these super nasty lil white bumps...and i never really breakout or anything so i just stopped using it and went back to studio fix...i think. after 2mo. i i decided to try the mineralize again since i still had it on deck. even worse the 2nd go round....i ended up with a PAINFUL breakout that even the dermatologist had a hard time getting rid of. i stayed away from mac foundsations after this...but went back to another MAC counter(45min. in a different directionj)and told the MA about what happened and she said that another girl that worked ther went through the same thing and it was because of the mica in it. grrrreat. i didn't go out for a month and a half because of this foundation, but now i'm glad i'm not the only one.

xBubblegum

Overall Rating 3
Would you buy this product again? don't think so

It matches my skin colour amazingly! But the only thing I can't stand is the texture of it. Not sure why but it feels really really thick and heavy.
I really wanted to get into this as well... oh well.

~*MAC*StAr*~

Overall Rating 5

I am in love with this foundation. It looks so natural on me and does not streak. The foundation is a light to medium buildable coverage. It feels like your wearing nothing and you'll have a fresh dewy appearance which I love. All I use is 2 pumps of the foundation and it lasts 8+ hours does not feel oily in anyway. Would reccomend to people with Normal - dry skintones.

figgy1982

Overall Rating 4
Would you buy this product again? yep

I find this perfectly matches my skin tone (NW20) and doesn't oxidise on me like studio fix fluid does. I like the glowy-ness of it, which is toned down easily with msfn so it's not too over the top. I love it, but I can see why some people hate this foundation. It's hard to apply without streaks, to the point where I have actually given up on my 190 and use my fingers to apply it and then gently go over it with a 187. It does seem to stay wet for a little longer than other foundations I've tried, but msfn seems to fix that. I haven't had any problem with breakouts, but probably wouldn't recommend it to people with acne prone or oily skin - definitley for dry to normal skin. I have freckles (which I don't try to cover) but no acne, and find this a medium coverage. If you need or want full coverage this isn't the foundation, it's build-able, but not that build-able. Needs a seriously good shake before use.