Galapagos e/s and Surabaya duo

cocodivatime

I am wondering if there is anyone out there who has both of these?

Is the brown e/s in the duo similar to galapagos? I am just starting to build up my NARS collection and I don't want to duplicate

Oh--just to give background, the only NARS e/s that I have is mediteranee. I wear all colors but neurals/browns are my faves. I just bought galapgos but might not keep it if its similar to the surabaya duo. That will give me money to buy something else. LOL

thanks all
winkiss.gif

Macnarsandlove

actually the victorias secret shadow in "lose control" is a great dupe. its $12 instead of $22. most of the pretty glitter in galapagos doesnt show after u blend it. it only stays if u use it wet. hth!

Love Always Ivy

Galapagos is a neutral chocolate brown like gold glitter
Suburbaya duo has a red brown with shimmer and a brown that is a tad lighter than galapagos with shimmer.
the Suburbaya shadows have shimmer, but not as prominent as the gold glitter flecks like Galapagos has.

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDIuanBn.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDYuanBn.jpg

(Suburbaya Duo [Left 2 swatches] Galapagos [Right swatch])
Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDUuanBn.jpg

Galapagos (Left most swatch), Suburbaya Duo (Right two)

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith130
actually the victorias secret shadow in "lose control" is a great dupe. its $12 instead of $22. most of the pretty glitter in galapagos doesnt show after u blend it. it only stays if u use it wet. hth!

It would not bother me if the glitter goes away after I blend it. I'm not crazy about glitter eyes anyway. LOL. I just really like the intensity of the brown Galapagos color.

cocodivatime

Thank you soooooo much for the swatches. They actually DO look different.

I think I'll keep my Galapagos and put the Surabaya on my list of "to buys".

I really love wearing browns. I know some people think they are boring. But when you blend them properly and know what to pair them with I think they are fabulous.

I don't care much for all of the glitter flecks in NARS e/s but I'm hoping that they can be played down and not come out too glittery once I wear them.

Any other suggestions on NARS e/s colors thaty are neutral would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Always Ivy
Galapagos is a neutral chocolate brown like gold glitter
Suburbaya duo has a red brown with shimmer and a brown that is a tad lighter than galapagos with shimmer.
the Suburbaya shadows have shimmer, but not as prominent as the gold glitter flecks like Galapagos has.

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDIuanBn.jpg

Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDYuanBn.jpg

(Suburbaya Duo [Left 2 swatches] Galapagos [Right swatch])
Windows-1252BSU1HMDAxNDUuanBn.jpg

Galapagos (Left most swatch), Suburbaya Duo (Right two)

Love Always Ivy

hahah me too. people are like why do you hvae so many browns? because they all have different undertones and finishes!

my faves are:
Bali - Taupe-y Brown (Matte), great for brows and defining crease
Portobello - Matte tan, taupe colors, great for lid
Alhambra - great shimmery base colors - i love the gold tone
New York - plummy brown, great for defining the crease (matte)
Biarritz - matte bone color, great for everyday inner corner color

i can post more pics of all my NARS neutrals when i get home from work today!

Temptasia

I tested Galapagos and found it too similar to Surabaya which I already have so I did not bother getting it.

I also like the reddish brown side of surabaya because it goes really well with mediteranee

Kuuipo

I find that if you apply Galapagos in a rolling, patting motion and not like you are wiping a window, you get the full glitter effect, and it stays on. I like Galapagos as a crease colour and under the eye, i'm bigger on stippling than blending. Blend too much and you lose a colour's integrity.

Love Always Ivy

i mean its up to your personal preference whether you think they are similar enough to warrant buying only one of them .... when it comes to eyeshadows i dont have that distinction, because i have an addiction to collecting shadows, like im on a mission to own every shadow by nars. Im probably the worst person to ask the necessity of a Nars shadow hahah

cocodivatime

Quote:
i mean its up to your personal preference whether you think they are similar enough to warrant buying only one of them .... when it comes to eyeshadows i dont have that distinction, because i have an addiction to collecting shadows, like im on a mission to own every shadow by nars. Im probably the worst person to ask the necessity of a Nars shadow hahah

You helped me. I will get both. I've already decided. LOL. The swatches look different to me. If i were not a brown person then maybe I would pass, but since i know my browns I can see enough of a difference. Galapagos is a deeper, darker brown

I'd still love to see your other NARS neutral shadows when you get a chance
yahoo.gif

kimmae17

i like galapagos better than the duo. but they are different. i agree that if you are a brown eyeshadow person, you should have both

cocodivatime

Quote:
hahah me too. people are like why do you hvae so many browns? because they all have different undertones and finishes!

my faves are:
Bali - Taupe-y Brown (Matte), great for brows and defining crease
Portobello - Matte tan, taupe colors, great for lid
Alhambra - great shimmery base colors - i love the gold tone
New York - plummy brown, great for defining the crease (matte)
Biarritz - matte bone color, great for everyday inner corner color

i can post more pics of all my NARS neutrals when i get home from work today!

I was at sephora today and wrote down more colors that I wanted. Alhambra is on my list. I was portobello but I'm not sure. I think its too close to some MAC colors that I have.

I'll have to go back and look at Biaritz, New York and Bali. I don't remember them.

thanks!!!

Latest posts