Get Up and Get Moving - Running Shoes: Vibram FiveFingers!

Shimmer

My new running shoes, Vibram Five Finger Sprints. They’re amazing. They’re different from anything I’ve ever worn in my life, but they’re amazing. I grew up barefooted, hated wearing shoes as a kid (who knew I’d become such a shoe monger later in life??), would race my brothers and friends barefooted down the dirt roads (which by the way is a fantastic exercise!) and never knew any different.

Read about the Sprints and their benefits at the Specktra Beauty Blog!

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsCuppyCakes
Hey Shimmer. Any recommendations for walking shoes?

The Vibrams can be used for walking shoes as well...just the regulars instead of the Sprints. You have to learn how to walk all over again, so the first week or three are muscle intensive, but they're wonderful shoes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl about town
oh my god i need them they look so comfortable!!!

They really are. They're actually less intrusive than toesocks!

MACATTAK

Those are really neat! I hate wearing shoes myself, so this is a neat alternative! How much do these run Shimmer? I might have to pick up a pair for myself & for mom too

MAC_Whore

Those definitely have me curious. I would love to try them. Did you notice that your toes felt unstable?

I'll admit, I will probably go through a phase of looking at my feet and thinking of Muppets.

Shimmer

They're supposed to alleviate knee and ankle pain.

Walking, my toes don't feel unstable, running, they don't feel unstable, but climbing, and trying to do drop knees, the outside toes aren't strong enough to support my weight without a big toe in a pocket. As for the rest of the time, they're awesome.

There are mine.

baby_love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimmer
They're supposed to alleviate knee and ankle pain.

Walking, my toes don't feel unstable, running, they don't feel unstable, but climbing, and trying to do drop knees, the outside toes aren't strong enough to support my weight without a big toe in a pocket. As for the rest of the time, they're awesome.

There are mine.

aww they look so cute! you have cute feet (I hope that doesn't sound weird) and the top of your dogs head is adorable lol! is it a cocker spaniel?

Shimmer

lol she is a cocker spaniel, yes, the mini line.
She's dumb as a post but I love her.

double lolz @ my feet, because my climbing shoes have them so chewed up, I seriously haven't had a pedicure in...........................................month s.
I'm still saying the shoes are super duper extra comfy.

*KT*

Very interesting. I saw these somewhere else and they reminded me of Merrill's on crack (for those who aren't familiar with Merrill's, a good deal of their shoes have the Vibram soles).

So do you feel like you're barefoot with them on?

Shimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by *KT*
Very interesting. I saw these somewhere else and they reminded me of Merrill's on crack (for those who aren't familiar with Merrill's, a good deal of their shoes have the Vibram soles).

So do you feel like you're barefoot with them on?

I love Vibram Rubber. My Katanas are Vibram soled as well. Yay for stickiness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACpro__*
your feet are soo cutteee lol

thank you

thegirlgotsoul

I have really, really bad arch pain when walking. My arches are so flat, and pretty non-existant, so I am wondering if these would be the shoes I've been looking for all my life.

ALL sneakers I've ever bought, give me arch pain within minutes of going on a walk. I have probably 20+ pairs in my closet. Oddly enough, the only shoes I can really wear on a walk, are flip flops. They are the only thing that doesnt hurt my arches.

I really want to get a pair of these and see what they do for me!

Shimmer

Check the website, if you have super flat feet, you may not be able to wear them, if you have ANY kind of arch, you should be able to 'work in' to wearing them by strengthening those muscles.