Getting a RESTRAINING ORDER on roommate

sonnebutti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
However I went to sign the lease for my new place -- which is nicer than my old one!!! shocker!!

that is GREAT
thmbup.gif
I just hope that everything turns out ok!!!! I wouldnt know what to do in your situation, you r strong
smiles.gif

xbuttonsx

If I lived by you, I would gladly beat the shit outta her.

If worse comes to worse, then maybe you should let an eviction take place. You won't get your deposit back and won't be able to use them as a reference, but there are more important issues than that. As a renter, you should have more rights than that. Try going to nolo.com and go under rights & disputes. Maybe you can find something there.

Go luck with everything. God only gives you what you can handle. And you have lots of people on here thinking of you.

kariii

Holy shit, chicka is EFFING CRAZY. This is why I opt'd out on living on my own instead of with my bestfriend. I wanted to keep a friendship with her and not ruin it.. but Brittni I truly pray for you. NO person should have to go through waht you're going through.. man if I didn't have anxiety.. i'm 100% sure I would be after the drama you're going through. Keep updating us on the new place situation.

pink_lily002

I was seriously out of the loop on this for awhile (lurking when you first posted this, Brittni), but I'm so glad I've caught up. The things that this girl is doing to you is absolutely HORRIBLE. I feel so bad for you! But I'm glad that you were able to do everything you needed to do to get out of that situation. Any luck with the new guy being able to move in? I don't understand what this girl's problem is. She definitely has some serious issues that she needs to deal with. Update us whenever you can! I hope things continue to get better!

Brittni

Thanks karii. Yeah, I don't suggest living with a friend unless you want to see the true colors like -- the good, the bad, the ugly! I am glad I did it though because it showed me how much of a follower and how immature/dense poco really is. I won't miss her.

Lily, thanks so much for your kind words. I did have luck and I'm moving in today with 2 guys. They are younger than me I think because they just graduated in '08 and don't even go to UWM, however they do go to college and it's for music. We've hung out and they've called me, they seem really chill and we're all excited. I'm happy I chose them because they even said I can decorate the living room however I want and they love my boho ideas! So that shall be fun. And, this time only *I* am on the lease -- but I will be drafting a month-to-month with the boys so that I can kick them out if something went wrong or if they wanted to move they just had to give me time to find somebody else and not screw me out of rent. But they seem really honest and nice, even if they aren't so intimidating and used to college yet. At least I know what to expect, and if anything, I can focus more on SCHOOL instead of socializing -- that should and will come naturally I hope.
smiles.gif
Also I know the boys, even though they are that -- BOYS not men/juniors like the other guys who wanted me to move in (but I choose to live with the boys b/c the house was soooo much nicer, all remodeled and of course cheaper! and a garage! so hard to resist!) well anyways I know the boys won't be partying during the week too much as they have morning classes for music which they are really into.

It should be a HAPPY, pleasant adventure and they know about my currently situation to a degree (didn't mention the TRO, didn't want to scare them, but did tell them about the psycho roomie! LOL) so I'm feeling pretty good about it.

I'm very indecisive and it took me forever to decide between moving into a house with two junior guys who already live there where it's totally NOT my style... posters of beer chicks on the wall, baby blue kitchen counter tops, just an old, run down, typical college house... yet live with two older guys who I cuold see as being my big bros... or live with two younger, not intimidating, hippie/musician guys and at least have a chill enviornment in a really nice, new house where I can call the shots since I'm the only one on the lease.

I am glad everything is working out and I will be soooo happy once I can start focusing on school and working out and everything important in my life right now.

As for jobs I have an interview today at 1:30 p.m. and an interview tommorow at 4:45 p.m.
smiles.gif
Not at all worried cause I have a check coming from school which would pay my rent for a little bit plus if I get unemployment checks so hahaha so temtped to be lazy but I'll get a job anyways to keep me in check and because money does run out. :p

XOXOXOXOXO POSITIVE VIBES AND SUNSHINE TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR CARING HEARTS

Ms. Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittni
XOXOXOXOXO POSITIVE VIBES AND SUNSHINE TO EVERY ONE OF YOUR CARING HEARTS

Back at you!

Sorry to hear about your job, I wish you the best on your interviews.

I'm glad that you found a nicer place to live
thmbup.gif

juicygirl

hey brittni!! it's been awhile and i was just wondering how things are working for you?? please keep us updated!

Brittni

Hey. I realized I stopped updating this. Mainly because support wasn't needed so much once I got out of that horribly unhealthy living situation.

I live with two guys now. I am the only one on the lease just God-forbid if anything ever did go wrong, but we're going strong so far which it has been about 3 months! Living guys has definitely been such a great learning experience for me and I love every moment of it. It fits me really well. They are best friends and I truly have always believed "everything happens for a reason," and that I PROBABLY went through all of this so I could find these two. They are really respectful guy roommates, not at all what I would have expected for college! Even got me a kitten for my birthday.
smiles.gif

As far as poco and chickabitch, I haven't spoken to either of them since. I did however have to speak to the landlord to get back my security deposit, and when I did ... WOW

He told me straight up "you were right, those girls ARE wild." I said, "Why do you say that?" and he went on to explain how they had been smoking (weed) and partying in the house, and how the upstairs people were complaining about how loud it was, etc. He said he even had to call all of their parents and warn them, and they signed a paper that next time they have a party it's a 5-day eviction notice. So, that made me feel a lot better knowing the landlord finally realized I wasn't the psycho one! Karma... sort of...

I do see them on the porch every once and a while when I drive by because I live on the same street but blocks down, though I haven't lately and I don't think they've seen me. I feel safe and happy now.

I just wanted to thank everyone again who ever came to this thread and well wished me. It really meant a lot when I was going through a hard time.

Finally I am through the first semester of college and it has turned out to be a great experience. Let's just say my roomies tease me and say I should write on a book on "Where Da Parties Are At." haha! I have met some great friends and cannot wait to meet more... plus I'm pretty high on life as I passed math (was struggling in the beginning) and other classes.
smiles.gif

XOXOXO If anyone ever goes through anything like this or just needs someone to talk to, you can ALWAYS PM me!

Prinsesa

WOW, that's all I cay!

I cannot believe that you put up with this shit! OMG!!! I know you have anxiety attacks and its pretty scary if you havent been exposed to people like this before. But pleeeeeease tell the landlord to just kick her out. If she's that irresponsible, how is she paying rent? Etc. That really sucks =S

And you know what? I know you're on the lease and everything but you have a lot of evidence that she has threatened you. You can probably get out of the lease because of those reasons, I dont see why. Just seek advice about it.

Don't try and do anything to her because who the hells knows what that crazy bitch will do.

EDIT: WOOHOO, Congratulations on college =D Yup you will meet new friends
smiles.gif
Thank god you're okay now.

rbella

Oh Brittni, I'm so damn happy it worked out!! You sound so happy and in such a better emotional state. I am very, very happy for you.
th_kiss.gif

iadoremac

Wow just spent the last half hour reading your story its like a very short but very interestinh novel and all I can say is that you are a very strong and mature lady because if it were me I would have beaten the crap out of that chick. I admire you for your patience and perseverance.
And dont ever think she won people like that never win they always get whats coming to them.

Kai322

I don't remember u posting this at all ....but yeah

So glad you were able to get in touch with legal help too, that'll make it that much more solid. Best of wishes, I just can't imagine what stress this must be! But you can get through this and you will get through this sweetie, I promise, you're strong!

EUSHANNASIA

this thread was crazy! you are so strong, brittni, and your strength throughout all of this turmoil definitely paid off. i'm glad to hear you found a great place with wonderful dudes who clearly care about you (getting you a kitten for your birthday! now THOSE are quality roommates!) i know it's been awhile since you posted but i'm curious to know how you're doing today... hopefully well. :)

Latest posts