Getting Makeup to Stay Put

*Stargazer*

I am at my wits end. I have a ridiculous collection of makeup here and I LOVE to put it on daily, but despite my experimenting, nothing stays on my face for more than an hour. I've managed to get my e/s to stay put by using MAC Paints, but short of covering my face in Paint before I do the rest of my makeup, I'm stumped.

Any suggestions? I bought Matte yesterday and I'm hoping it works, but in the event that it doesn't, does anybody have any experience with this problem?

rouquinne

how long do you wait after putting your moisturizer on to put everything else on?

i put moisturizer on right after getting out of the shower and make up about an hour later.

glittergoddess27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper17
What are you washing your face with and what kind of moisturizer are you using?

Yep that will make a big diff,... I use MK day solution before I put on my makeup,.. it really keeps it on really nice,..

*Stargazer*

I use Dermalogica products for skincare.

I just recently started using Studio Moisture Fix as my moisturiser if I'm going to put makeup on.

I haven't tried a primer yet. Any recs?

mac_obsession

I use a lot of moisturizer and then a base, for shadows, either paints, mixing medium, shadesticks or urban decay primer potion. For my face, after Im done I use fix+ and even when I sweat my m/u stays put. I use a combination of bare escentuals and mac facial stuffies.
HTH!!
(I find BE to stay put much better than anything else Ive used)

PnkCosmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug10678
I haven't tried a primer yet. Any recs?

I really like the NARS MU primer.

Both MAC & Sephora brand are supposed to be coming out with MU primers. Those might be worth a try as well.

Fix+ is also a good thing to have around. You can spritz a little on your face after you're all done and it will help set your MU.

*Stargazer*

I've used Fix+. It actually seems to accelerate the makeup disappearing process :twisted:

I think I'll wait for the Prep and Prime stuff and hope its a good fix for me. I'll try the BE and NARS in the meantime.

joytheobscure

I have pretty oily skin, I don't even wear a moisturizer half the time, I'll wear it at night to bed and then wash it off in the morning. My makeup stays on better without a moisturizer. It works for me. My makeup tends to "slide" off - I also like to put BE minerals over my lancome teint idol foundation and that really stays.

Latest posts