Glamour Doll Eyes

AudreyNicole

I have been hearing alot about Glamour Doll Eyes loose shadows on youtube tutorials, so I checked out the website today and placed an order. It looks like hey have some great colors, and they sell samples sizes. So I ordered some samples... Does anyone use these? What do you think about them? What are your favorite colors?

Glamour Doll, eye shadows to strut your stuff!!

mintbear82

I ordered samples of all 61 of their regular shadows ( I got a discounted price from the seller ). I've tried three shadows Ahoy Sailor!, Aqua Foil and Backstabber and the pay off has been really great. The only shadow so far that has not worked out that well for me has been DinoSpotz.

littlepickle

I'm lemming their stuff so bad - they have a bulk order discount - 50% off when you order 16 or more fullsize jars, I emailed to confirm that this included the eyelights and collections and got an email back literally within 2 minutes! So that leaves me super impressed already
smiles.gif

kissmypinkstar

I ordered some samples and was super impressed that they do free shipping for samples, even when you're international!

I haven't had chance to try out my samples yet but they do look oh so pretty!

abbyquack

Haha it's funny you should bring this company up, because I have had a lemming for this stuff for a few months ago but just today placed my first order! Audrey what did you end up getting?

I picked up the "Twi-Shadows" collection, and samples of a bunch, including Apple Martini and Sex Appeal and a couple of other samples. It's very affordable, and the fact that shipping is free over $30 is awesome! I can't wait to try this out.
smiles.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
Haha it's funny you should bring this company up, because I have had a lemming for this stuff for a few months ago but just today placed my first order! Audrey what did you end up getting?

I picked up the "Twi-Shadows" collection, and samples of a bunch, including Apple Martini and Sex Appeal and a couple of other samples. It's very affordable, and the fact that shipping is free over $30 is awesome! I can't wait to try this out.
smiles.gif

I kept hearing about them on youtube, and couldn't resist any longer. Then I came across a coupon code, and I was done. It's probably too late now (unless you place another order
cutey.gif
, but if you use SABINA (good til sometime in May) on orders over $25, you get 15% off. I ordered a bunch of samples (in the jars). I got:

-Oddity
-Olivia Green
-Glam Girl
-Sterling Glitz
-Dirty Jeans
-Immature
-Lovers Lane
-Shamrock
-Summer Skies
-Rave Eye Lights
-Cashed Out Eye Lights

After all was said and done, it was only $22.xx for all of those colors (if you only order samples, there is free shipping). I am already wishing I would have added a few more to the order... Guess I might have to place another one.
lol.gif

westindiesangel

Looks gorgeous! The free shipping on the samples is a plus, too, since I'm in Canada! Will probably order from them sometime...
smiles.gif

mintbear82

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlepickle
I'm lemming their stuff so bad - they have a bulk order discount - 50% off when you order 16 or more fullsize jars, I emailed to confirm that this included the eyelights and collections and got an email back literally within 2 minutes! So that leaves me super impressed already
smiles.gif

She also does a really awesome discount for her sample sizes as well. I got all 61 regular shadows I think for either 45 or 50% off and I also got the free shipping.

abbyquack

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
I kept hearing about them on youtube, and couldn't resist any longer. Then I came across a coupon code, and I was done. It's probably too late now (unless you place another order
cutey.gif
, but if you use SABINA (good til sometime in May) on orders over $25, you get 15% off. I ordered a bunch of samples (in the jars). I got:

-Oddity
-Olivia Green
-Glam Girl
-Sterling Glitz
-Dirty Jeans
-Immature
-Lovers Lane
-Shamrock
-Summer Skies
-Rave Eye Lights
-Cashed Out Eye Lights

After all was said and done, it was only $22.xx for all of those colors (if you only order samples, there is free shipping). I am already wishing I would have added a few more to the order... Guess I might have to place another one.
lol.gif

Haha aww I was looking all over the web for a promo code, but I didn't find one...should've talked to you first!
lol.gif
But I may place another order, who knows? Depending on how these are! The sample jars seem like ample amount of product-- they are 2/3 the size of a MAC shadow (for $2.50!) and lord knows I can't finish a single shadow! This way I won't feel so guilty buying makeup because one or two uses will make my money back for sure!
greengrin.gif

Flowitu

oh, this one... I bought from the time when they don't care about repacking... Of course, things change - customers step up to know better. So, I brought home 5 fs jars of repacked single micas with added fillers.... Now, I still give them credit for mentioning on their site and for making new eyeshadows, if I am not mistaken. However, I think Fyrinnae, morgana and Sassy are pretty good, so.. hehe but their discount is tempting

shatteredshards

I heard about them before they admitted to repacking, and every time I have gone back I haven't been impressed. Now I see that while the asterisked (repacked) shades are explained in the FAQs, they did everything they could to avoid saying repack or repackaged and make it sound better than it really is; it's like they're still not fully honest about it.

westindiesangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatteredshards
I heard about them before they admitted to repacking, and every time I have gone back I haven't been impressed. Now I see that while the asterisked (repacked) shades are explained in the FAQs, they did everything they could to avoid saying repack or repackaged and make it sound better than it really is; it's like they're still not fully honest about it.

Yea, I noticed quite a few of their shades were repackaged ones. I still might buy from them due to the free shipping on samples and owing to the fact that I'm not into mixing my own eyeshadows, but I'm going to wait until my Fyrinnae order arrives. After shopping at Fyrinnae I was a disappointed by this site. Fyrinnae had such original colours, great descriptions, and swatches that really helped. I guess they set the bar high because I've been disappointed by the other makeup sites I've been looking at...

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by westindiesangel
Yea, I noticed quite a few of their shades were repackaged ones. I still might buy from them due to the free shipping on samples and owing to the fact that I'm not into mixing my own eyeshadows, but I'm going to wait until my Fyrinnae order arrives.

Free shipping, okay, but sample baggies are $1.50 for 0.5 grams - at best, that converts to maybe 1/4 tsp. The $2.50 1 gram sample jar comes out to, again, at best, 1/2 tsp, but it's probably less than that. They really shouldn't be measuring these by weight, anyhow - different ingredients have different weights, and so you're not getting the same volume (amount) across the board. You'd be paying the same amount for the "smaller" samples as you would be for the "bigger" ones!

Now, consider this: for 10 sample baggies of 1/4 tsp or less, that would be $15. Hi-Fi Cosmetics sells a set of 20 1/4 tsp samples for $14.99 plus $1.50 shipping within the US, and doesn't repack. When you think about it, GDE's really not offering that good of a deal, especially not for repackaged micas.

By the way, if you do change your mind and want to try blending your own, TKB's sample baggies are $1.50 for most shades but are big bags, a full teaspoon. You can get a sample bag of an eyeshadow base for $1.50 as well, and do OK for personal use by adding a little bit to each mica sample baggie and shaking it up.

AudreyNicole

So I ordered on 3/31, and according to the website, it says "processing", which means it probably didn't ship yet... My credit card was already charged. I sure hope they get here soon. I have already gotten stuff that I ordered AFTER I ordered from GDE.

shatteredshards

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudreyNicole
So I ordered on 3/31, and according to the website, it says "processing", which means it probably didn't ship yet... My credit card was already charged. I sure hope they get here soon. I have already gotten stuff that I ordered AFTER I ordered from GDE.

Quote:
Normal processing time is 3-5 days after payment has cleared. If you have a larger order, please expect a few more days delay! Processing time does not include shipping time!

PLEASE NOTE: I have received an increase in order's as of April 1st, so I am working my way getting through them. Because of the increased amount of orders, your processing time might be a little bit longer then normal. Please be patient and if you need your items by a certain day, please email me and I will do my best to get it out in time for you! Thank you for understanding.

I don't understand why she didn't just edit the processing time instead of writing up that excuse and leaving everyone with no clue of how long processing really is.
nope.gif

abbyquack

I got a shipping confirmation today, and I placed my order on 4/1, so Audrey, yours should be shipping soon! Wonder why mine is already shipped though when yours isn't...
th_dunno.gif

AudreyNicole

Quote:
I don't understand why she didn't just edit the processing time instead of writing up that excuse and leaving everyone with no clue of how long processing really is.
nope.gif

I didn't see that statement on the website. Guess that would explain it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyquack
I got a shipping confirmation today, and I placed my order on 4/1, so Audrey, yours should be shipping soon! Wonder why mine is already shipped though when yours isn't...
th_dunno.gif

Weird. Not sure. I got the notification that my credit card was charged several days ago, but since then, nothing. If yours have shipped, hopefully mine will be soon.

AudreyNicole

So I just got a shipping confirmation... hopefully they will be here by Wednesday or Thursday. I am so anxious to get them!

Copperhead

Quote:
Free shipping, okay, but sample baggies are $1.50 for 0.5 grams - at best, that converts to maybe 1/4 tsp. The $2.50 1 gram sample jar comes out to, again, at best, 1/2 tsp, but it's probably less than that. They really shouldn't be measuring these by weight, anyhow - different ingredients have different weights, and so you're not getting the same volume (amount) across the board. You'd be paying the same amount for the "smaller" samples as you would be for the "bigger" ones!

Now, consider this: for 10 sample baggies of 1/4 tsp or less, that would be $15. Hi-Fi Cosmetics sells a set of 20 1/4 tsp samples for $14.99 plus $1.50 shipping within the US, and doesn't repack. When you think about it, GDE's really not offering that good of a deal, especially not for repackaged micas.

By the way, if you do change your mind and want to try blending your own, TKB's sample baggies are $1.50 for most shades but are big bags, a full teaspoon. You can get a sample bag of an eyeshadow base for $1.50 as well, and do OK for personal use by adding a little bit to each mica sample baggie and shaking it up.

Where do I get these for this price?

Latest posts