Going back to blonde.. help!

doll.face

Well-known member
Hi everyone..

I'm a natural dark brunette. I dyed my hair many years ago myself and then decided I wanted to be blonde. I went to the salon and had highlights done. I did that for a few years until I decided I wanted to be bleach blonde. I bleached my hair once myself and then went to a salon that would bleach it. That was a disaste, obviously. It ruined my hair and I ended up going back to dark hair and cut it all off.

Now it's long again and healthy. I had done a few sessions of color and then followed up with glazes. I started doing highlights again. I first started with a gentle session to make sure my hair was ok. It was. I've done two full heads now. I did one in Nov 08 and the other one was Feb 09, this month.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. The top of my head has lightened up a lot but of course the ends, not so much. I do NOT want to cut all my hair off just to get it light again. There must be some other way. So my question is..

How can I get my ends to lighten up? I hate having 52 million colors in my hair. I know it's not going to happen after one or twosessions but it's just become frustrating and I guess making me feel a little hopeless.

I'd really love just one all over light blonde color but I'm starting to think the only thing I can do is highlights?

My stylist left on pregnancy so I'm going to be going to another stylist now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 

Kayteuk

Well-known member
I am doing what you did! I had exactly the same problem, was brown, had highlights, bleached it, and then back brown, and now I am at a light brown colour again to go Blonde!
I would definitly say highlights! Do not ever bleach your hair, mine has only just grown out.... It took a lot longer than I wanted, but what can ya do!
 

doll.face

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
I am doing what you did! I had exactly the same problem, was brown, had highlights, bleached it, and then back brown, and now I am at a light brown colour again to go Blonde!
I would definitly say highlights! Do not ever bleach your hair, mine has only just grown out.... It took a lot longer than I wanted, but what can ya do!


LOL!! That's so funny, hehe. Yeah, I'd never go back to straight bleach EVER again. It took way, way too long.
 

User38

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
Hi everyone..

I'm a natural dark brunette. I dyed my hair many years ago myself and then decided I wanted to be blonde. I went to the salon and had highlights done. I did that for a few years until I decided I wanted to be bleach blonde. I bleached my hair once myself and then went to a salon that would bleach it. That was a disaste, obviously. It ruined my hair and I ended up going back to dark hair and cut it all off.

Now it's long again and healthy. I had done a few sessions of color and then followed up with glazes. I started doing highlights again. I first started with a gentle session to make sure my hair was ok. It was. I've done two full heads now. I did one in Nov 08 and the other one was Feb 09, this month.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated. The top of my head has lightened up a lot but of course the ends, not so much. I do NOT want to cut all my hair off just to get it light again. There must be some other way. So my question is..

How can I get my ends to lighten up? I hate having 52 million colors in my hair. I know it's not going to happen after one or twosessions but it's just become frustrating and I guess making me feel a little hopeless.

I'd really love just one all over light blonde color but I'm starting to think the only thing I can do is highlights?

My stylist left on pregnancy so I'm going to be going to another stylist now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.


have you tried to remove the color with a color remover... do not use peroxide, just water and the mix. I did this once and removed most of the darkness from the ends and mess I had made by doing a similar procedure. I gave up on blonde because with as much grey hair as I have now, it is a losing battle.. thus the name: HerGreyness
Good luck, hoping this might help you
 

Kayteuk

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by doll.face
LOL!! That's so funny, hehe. Yeah, I'd never go back to straight bleach EVER again. It took way, way too long.

This weekend I had a promo girl job and decided to dye my hair to match my mid brown roots, with semi permanant, BAD idea. Its gone nearly BLACK and it wont wash out :-S.....Ahh crap.
 

doll.face

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
Highlights are bleach as well, It's actually stronger.

They don't damage my hair. When I did straight bleach my hair was awful and started to break off.
 

doll.face

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayteuk
This weekend I had a promo girl job and decided to dye my hair to match my mid brown roots, with semi permanant, BAD idea. Its gone nearly BLACK and it wont wash out :-S.....Ahh crap.

Oh no!!!!! It's like this dream I had a few weeks ago when I dyed my hair black. It was awful!! Thankfully when I woke up I felt a lot better.
 

Jessica0984

Well-known member
The reason why it doesn't damage your hair oddly enough is because it is so strong. You don't have to leave the bleach on as long to achieve the same results. I have done both full head highlights and double process blonde. My hair didn't snap off with regular bleach only highlighting, but you probably aren't trying to go as light as I did.
 

doll.face

Well-known member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica0984
The reason why it doesn't damage your hair oddly enough is because it is so strong. You don't have to leave the bleach on as long to achieve the same results. I have done both full head highlights and double process blonde. My hair didn't snap off with regular bleach only highlighting, but you probably aren't trying to go as light as I did.

My hair has never snapped with highlighting and it's been super, super light. Almost white.
 

Jessica0984

Well-known member
My hair was white, but my natural color has alot of red pigments in it and it turns brassy and orange easy. I just know that I am not going down the blonde road again. It was way too much upkeep for me. And I am not fond of black roots so I had to do it every 2 weeks.
 

Latest posts

Top