Going back to Las Vegas...need some ideas!!

jdechant

Hello all my beautiful fellow specktrette's!! Sooo yesterday I booked a last minute vacation to Las Vegas!!!! Soo excited to go back. We will be arriving Saturday Feb. 7th and leaving the night of Tuesday Feb. 10th. This will be my second time going! The first time I went (June 2008) we stayed at the Flamingo which was ookkk...it was nice cause it was situated in the middle of the strip so we could get around fairly easily..well this time we are staying at the MGM Grand...I hear its a HUGE hotel but never got to spend much time there last trip (just went to go see the lions) Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for some "Go To's"

Places to go that are a MUST (in your opinion)
Places to eat that are a MUST
Places to shop that are a MUST
Shows to go to that are a MUST....lol..that kinda thing...

I wasn't obsessed with MAC of June last year like I am now and only made a trip to a CCO that was a long drive from the strip..don't know which outlet mall it was??? It was a outdoor mall with the stores being indoor if that makes sense??? Lol...we never see that kinda thing in Canada!! Anyways, I never ended up buying much or going to a freestanding store..So I know I will be visiting a MAC store this time around and taking advantage of the US pricing..lol...

sooo any ideas from those frequent visitors or residents of Las Vegas would be much appreciated!!
yes.gif

ABB113

Soooo jealous! I was hoping to plan a trip there for my 25th bday....but that didn't happen...oh well... :-( Anywho....the Beatles Love show (Cirque de Soleil) was amazing! If you can get tickets to that it's so worth it. Also, if you like burgers, Burger Bar in Mandalay Bay is fun....you can customize your own burger :)

Just_me

Hi there..do you mean the Miracle Mile Shops? My friends and I were in Vegas in October..

If so, don't forget to go to the information desk..they give you a little book filled with lots of coupons!!.

Miracle Mile Shops

concertina

My good friends just got back from a Vegas trip (without me! *sob*) and mentioned a few things they really enjoyed.

Bodies: The Exhibition - Las Vegas Attraction: BODIES...The Exhibition
That would be first on my list; I have wanted to see this for *years*

There are 3 or 4 Cirque shows in Vegas right now, and tickets are cheap!

Sensei restaurant looks to be amazing; I have yet to hear a bad thing about it.

Forty Deuce is a premier burlesque club and I am *all about* burlesque...but that might just be me lol!

caitlin1593

def. try to see Cher! and the Venetian has AMAZING restaurants. I cant remember the name but theres one that has an open dining area above the canal and its AMAZING. great desserts. Paris has a place with the best crepes.
Theres a mall to the right(?) of Ceasars place. And anything in Ceasars is great. great stores. If your going with your bf, the canals at Venetian would be super fun. oh, and i loved the oxygen bars, they have these great oils that you put on your neck that make you sooo relaxed haha
greengrin.gif

Hope That Helps!
yes.gif

topdogg

There is a MAC Pro at the Ceasars Forum Shops and a nice big Sephora at the Venitian, also Fashion Show Mall has shopping for days! The CCO at the Premium Outlets usually has a nice selection of MAC, Clinique, Bobby Brown and Prescriptives. As for shows, I just saw the Blue Man Group last night and it was so much fun!!!!

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_me
Hi there..do you mean the Miracle Mile Shops? My friends and I were in Vegas in October..

If so, don't forget to go to the information desk..they give you a little book filled with lots of coupons!!.

Miracle Mile Shops

Nope not the Miracle Mile Shops...we did go their a couple of times our last trip though...

What about going out?? We are getting there Saturday at 9 pm..so I don't know if we should be going out that night (cause its a Saturday) or if we should try to go on the Sunday or Monday...Are the clubs even fun on Sundays/Mondays?? lol...On our last trip we went to the Palms and had no line/no cover to all the clubs there..it was soo much fun but I was thinking we should try somewhere else...A couple of ideas I had were

-LAX
-Studio 54 (as its in MGM)
-Voodoo

??What do you guys think?

ABB113

I don't think there are a lot of clubs open during the week....there weren't when I was there....I only made it to JET which I thought was "eh".....I was on my way to Pure with my friend but never made it because the shoes I brought were just waaay to uncomfortable :-( If I were going now, I'd probably try for Pure again and LAX.

Little Addict

definitely try to go see one of the cirque du soleil shows ... a little pricey, but definitely worth it!
idk what show to recommend ... here's a brief synopsis of them:
new Kris Angel one: idk ... illusions and magic with awesome dancing
Love (Beatles): brilliant dancing
Ka: Martial arts with brilliant sets
O: water
Zumanity: if you're into that sort of thing.
Mystere: classic cirque du soleil show

i may have forgotten one ... oh well.

Janice

Aww, I'll be there in late Feb (22-26th) for a cheap getaway with the hubby, the MIL and her girlfriend. We're staying at Planet Hollywood, I'll def listen to all the suggestions you get here. This will be my second time, but my husband and MIL's first! I'm excited to visit again, I had a really good time while I was thee for 2 days in December for a NIN concert.

TISH1124

we had a great time at Studio 54....We are normally staying at Planet Hollywood and there are always so many things going on....That is when I can pull myself away from the slot machines...

Have fun...it is time for me to go again too..My dh and I try to go a couple times a year just for a weekend getaway

MxAxC-_ATTACK

I just got back from Vegas a few hours ago

I don't gamble so that was out.. and everything is so expensive I don't shop there either. The food is over priced and low quality. I was really unhappy with this last trip.

However the Luxor has a Titanic Exhibit that is AMAZING , they have a huge piece of the ship inside, and a TON of other pieces and trinkets and such from the sea floor and its only 24 dollars a person, so its well worth it.

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Addict
definitely try to go see one of the cirque du soleil shows ... a little pricey, but definitely worth it!
idk what show to recommend ... here's a brief synopsis of them:
new Kris Angel one: idk ... illusions and magic with awesome dancing
Love (Beatles): brilliant dancing
Ka: Martial arts with brilliant sets
O: water
Zumanity: if you're into that sort of thing.
Mystere: classic cirque du soleil show

i may have forgotten one ... oh well.

Oh yes I think I will definitely be planning a Cirque Du Soleil night...we didn't go to one last time and I was kinda kicking myself for not..but this time I think we are going to book a show. Probably O or Mystere...they are both playing on sunday/monday...I was thinking about going to KA but its two days off are sunday/monday so I don't think we could go to that one. So I'm just trying to decide from the water theme or circus theme....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Aww, I'll be there in late Feb (22-26th) for a cheap getaway with the hubby, the MIL and her girlfriend. We're staying at Planet Hollywood, I'll def listen to all the suggestions you get here. This will be my second time, but my husband and MIL's first! I'm excited to visit again, I had a really good time while I was thee for 2 days in December for a NIN concert.

Aww thats too bad that we are missing each other by a couple of weeks!! I was trying to make the timing work out for me and my friends and the first weekend of Feb just seemed to be the best time with prices and whatnot...I kinda wish I was going there the weekend before (Jan. 31st) to see Mr. Sexy George St. Pierre fight it out at the UFC in MGM that night...mmmmmmm
drools.gif
lol... EVERYONE stays at the planet hollywood...I'm gonna have to look into that one for my next trip
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
we had a great time at Studio 54....We are normally staying at Planet Hollywood and there are always so many things going on....That is when I can pull myself away from the slot machines...

Have fun...it is time for me to go again too..My dh and I try to go a couple times a year just for a weekend getaway

HAHAHA...Tish I looove the 5cent slot machines..they are my addiction!!! And only in Vegas! I especially love the Wheel of Fortune and the Wizard of Oz...I'll be thinking of you when I'm there!! P.S. you should hint to hubby that you want to go to Vegas in (TWO WEEKS)
smiles.gif
That was we can meet up and hit MAC Pro together...lol
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariii
Mac Pro Store, Duh!

I didn't even know there was a MAC Pro store there..OMG..I am sooo excited now!!! The sculpt and Shape collection gets released a few days before I go to Vegas so I am going to have to pick up the collection there!!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by MxAxC-_ATTACK
I just got back from Vegas a few hours ago

I don't gamble so that was out.. and everything is so expensive I don't shop there either. The food is over priced and low quality. I was really unhappy with this last trip.

However the Luxor has a Titanic Exhibit that is AMAZING , they have a huge piece of the ship inside, and a TON of other pieces and trinkets and such from the sea floor and its only 24 dollars a person, so its well worth it.

Sadly Vegas isn't that expensive compared to what we have to pay in Northern Canada...the only thing I find thats ridiculous is some of the restaurants and the prices of drinks ($12?????) lol...but other then that...clothes, makeup, etc...that stuff all runs cheap compared to where I'm from...

Now only if the US dollar would go down before I left so I wouldn't have to sell an arm and leg to get there with some moolah.. lol..

LatinaRose

I have lotsa friends in LV and am there 3-4 times a year. We are partiers and know the clubs inside and out. I love Body English, Tao, Jet, and Pure. Seamless and Drai's if you do afterhours.

If you like sushi, you must go to Nobu!!

MissMochaXOXO

im weird. id rather shop and layout when i go to vegas then club/party and my man loves to gamble! i just love the feeling of that city. we always do caesars palace.

zabbazooey

Man we should all meet up! I'm going there with my man Feb 19-23rd (staying at Paris) and gettin hitched
winks.gif

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbazooey
Man we should all meet up! I'm going there with my man Feb 19-23rd (staying at Paris) and gettin hitched
winks.gif

We overlap!! Woo we should try to get together with Melissa (she lives in Vegas now) for celebratory drinks. CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming nuptials!

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
Hello all my beautiful fellow specktrette's!! Sooo yesterday I booked a last minute vacation to Las Vegas!!!! Soo excited to go back. We will be arriving Saturday Feb. 7th and leaving the night of Tuesday Feb. 10th. This will be my second time going! The first time I went (June 2008) we stayed at the Flamingo which was ookkk...it was nice cause it was situated in the middle of the strip so we could get around fairly easily..well this time we are staying at the MGM Grand...I hear its a HUGE hotel but never got to spend much time there last trip (just went to go see the lions) Anyways, I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for some "Go To's"

Places to go that are a MUST (in your opinion)
Places to eat that are a MUST
Places to shop that are a MUST
Shows to go to that are a MUST....lol..that kinda thing...

I wasn't obsessed with MAC of June last year like I am now and only made a trip to a CCO that was a long drive from the strip..don't know which outlet mall it was??? It was a outdoor mall with the stores being indoor if that makes sense??? Lol...we never see that kinda thing in Canada!! Anyways, I never ended up buying much or going to a freestanding store..So I know I will be visiting a MAC store this time around and taking advantage of the US pricing..lol...

sooo any ideas from those frequent visitors or residents of Las Vegas would be much appreciated!!
yes.gif

The CCO here in Vegas is at the Premium Outlets off of Charleston- by old Vegas.
smiles.gif
Make sure you get to the MAC Pro Store in the Forum Shops at Caesar's if you're MAC obsessed now. :p

For shows- Phantom is amazing, Beatles' LOVE, and KA are both awesome as well.

Not much of a club person, so I cant really help there, but the expensive stores like Gucci, Jimmy Choo, etc. are at the Forum Shops. Good shopping at Fashion Show Mall, and Town Square which is just down the strip- about a mile past Mandalay Bay. The Premium Outlets on Charleston always have great deals, too, if you catch them at the right time- I once got $700 of DIESEL clothes for $30. THIRTY DOLLARS! lol I was excited. Plus Kate Spade is having good deals right now, and there is even a Dolce & Gabbana outlet store! Some newly added stores, Juicy Couture, Ed Hardy, True Religion...there are others too, but I'm drawing a blank. PM me if you have any questions.. if I can't answer them, I have friends who have lived their whole lives here. :p

OH! Food. There are TONS of places to eat- most of which are amazing. Breakfast BUffet at the Bellagio is yum- and HUGE! There were things on that buffet I'd never heard of. It was $25.

Burgers at La Burger Brasserie in Paris are totally delish- I recommend the Le Paris one.. it has caramelized onions and brie! mmmm

There is also a café at Paris called JJ's Boulangerie that has great sandwiches, I think it costs maybe $10 for sandwich, pasta salad, and drink.

If you like pastries- which I happen to love.. check out Lenôtre at Paris.. so delish, most of them cost about $5.

Off strip, there is Memphis Championship Barbeque, which is yummy, In-n-out, which has the best fast food burgers ever (get your fries light well or they'll be mushy) and is cheap, Firefly is AWESOME for Tapas, so is Cafe Baba Reeba which is on strip- part of Fashion Show Mall. I hear Marrakech is good- if you like Moroccan.

melozburngr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
We overlap!! Woo we should try to get together with Melissa (she lives in Vegas now) for celebratory drinks. CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming nuptials!

Not sure if I'm the Melissa you're referring to, but if I am, I totally agree. :p

Latest posts