Got Grape?

atwingirl

Okay, so I fell under the spell of Vibrant Grape LE eyeshadow when my MUA used it! But now I am stuck for more ideas on how to use it. This is my first bright shadow(please insert any snickers here but it is a stretch for me!)and I am inspired by this site/you guys since finding it. So help a neutral loving, no guts newbie find her inner makeup maven! All combos welcome, needed and respected! Thanks.

wondering.gif

ForgetRegret

If you wanna play safe, you can always do a really pretty gold-toned neutral eye (think goldmine, gorgeous gold, etc), and use Vibrant Grape as your liner, for a really fun pop of color.
smiles.gif

How did your MUA use it? (so we have an idea of what made you love it)

atwingirl

She used Soft Force, which I bought, and Night Manouevers which I subbed out for Woodwinked. Completely different colors, right? Perhaps that is why I cant get that dark, gorgeous raisin like color effect. I also have Twinks and Patina which I have not tried with VG. Would those be better? Thanks!

gildedangel

If you want to start out light with it you can just do a neutral lid and put this color under your lower lashes. This color would be awesome with nocturnelle in the crease, with golds as mentioned above, silvers like silver ring, light lavender shades like beautiful iris, soft pinks like swish or pink venus, the possiblities are endless!

atwingirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gildedangel
If you want to start out light with it you can just do a neutral lid and put this color under your lower lashes. This color would be awesome with nocturnelle in the crease, with golds as mentioned above, silvers like silver ring, light lavender shades like beautiful iris, soft pinks like swish or pink venus, the possiblities are endless!

Thanks, all great colors to start with! I don't own any of them so that really opens up more ideas to play with!
NW25
th_DANCE.gif

LoopyLoo

Great post.
I've been experimenting this evening.
Team grape with print in the crease and outer v (grape on the very outside edge, use a precision brush),
Bitter on the lid(over pharough pp - optional),
blacktack fluidline, smoulder in the water line and a bit of smoulder combined with grape to line lower.
Phloof in the inner corner to brighten and widen eyes and a bit of pink freeze in centre of lid as a highlight, (blends the grape into the bitter and adds sparkle).
Highlight browbone with anything (I used phloof)
Blend blend blend with 224
mac_addict.gif

Contour those cheekbones and eyebrows

I have green eyes and am nc35 - it's my best look to date!

atwingirl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks LoopyLoo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You looked at a my MAC mountain and scaled it with your handy 224!
Apparently fear is not a factor!

LoopyLoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by atwingirl
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks LoopyLoo^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You looked at a my MAC mountain and scaled it with your handy 224!
Apparently fear is not a factor!

Screaming with laughter - we are wicked girls, you and I
th_DANCE.gif

ForgetRegret

Hey hun...yeah, Woodwinked for NM...not necessarily the best exchange...maybe Mystery or Concrete would've worked out better..? I think Twinks would look pretty with VG, since it kind of has that purpley hue to it anyway...you could try that instead of the Woodwinked, and see what you come up with.
Also, if you're in the mood to be daring, you could do a rich gold lid with VG in your crease...you could cut the crease or not...either way, I think would look really pretty. Gold and purple together always make me think of royalty...
smiles.gif

atwingirl

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Thanks Forget Regret^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Hear Ye, Hear All! Let all know who gathers here that ForgetRegret shall here forth be crowned "Princess of the Palettes" for creating a royal lid fit for any Queen!

winks.gif
queen.gif

Latest posts