• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Guide to Pigment Pressing (PIC HEAVY)

Mac_Wendy

Hi, loved your tutorial, im going to try it out for myself, but i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get pans that fit the palette in scotland, as i cant seem to find any,

many thanks
wendy
th_DANCE.gif

Rog604

I am super excited to try this out. I was wondering if any one has tried this with mineral make up that is in a power and if this would change the colour?

Thanks

luvmkup

Thanks so much for this great tutorial! I used it to press 8 pigments last week. The only difference was I used the pressing medium from Coastal Scents instead of isopropyl alcohol. I think the CS one has isopropyl alcohol, plus a binder to make the pigment stick together better (such as an oil). I also used little plastic spatulas from CS to mix everything together and to scoop the pigment out of the container. I just air dried the finished eyeshadows afterwards instead of using heat. I had to wait probably about 12 hours before I pressed them since that's about how long they took to dry. And I used a clamp to press the quarter in, rather than just using my hand. This method works great, and now my pressed eyeshadows look better than my store-bought MAC ones. It was fun, too. It was kind of messy, but now I have a great finished product.

nina_k

Great tut - i've used the BYS pans, but never thought to dry with a straightener before! Thanks for the tip
smiles.gif

Latest posts