(HAA): Highlighter Addicts Anonymous

mango13

I swatched Sandstone at bloomies and really liked it. But I am not sure that it's different enough from MAC soft and gentle and Dior amber diamond - both are my HG
I do not know if I can justify buying it
It's not the most unique color but I really liked it from the swatches that I've seen. It may not be worth it if you have something similar. I missed out on Amber Diamond so I wouldn't mind if it's very similar. Maybe one day Dior will bring it back in different packaging!!! (probably not though)

Medgal07

@Medgal I took your highlighter list and took away some and added others that I had off the top of my head. I did not go into my highlighter drawer yet. I'm afraid I have a bit more than you listed. This may be a good exercise for me. It may help me use some old ones more or see if there are any dupes with ones I'm contemplating.
girlhaha.gif
I wouldn't be surprised ICL. I have given myself little challenges like using the same highlighter for a week at a time. That also takes away the need to make that decision quickly while getting ready in the morning---you've decided in advance. I've placed several of my pink highlighters in a basket to use this month for our BCA challenge.

Medgal07

I do not ever get any of her LE palettes because they are so poorly pigmented .
.....Again this just totally surprises me. I had no idea because the brand is well promoted & seemingly well-liked. I guess that begs the question why I never tried more than one product
greengrin.gif

mango13

girlhaha.gif
friends.gif
Thanks Mango. By far--and this is only my opinion which holds no weight outside of my household BUT EL's gelee formula surpasses all others---and as you can see, I have a few. It is better than All of the other highlighters in my collection. I'm partial to Modern Mercury. As far as I know they have never repromoted them but several months ago they released another one, Crystal Baby, which is nice but it should have been stark pink instead of pale white-pink. It didn't impress me as much as Modern Mercury & Heat Wave. You might be able to find them at a CCO.
I'll definitely check out for them. I just checked Nordstrom and they still have Crystal Baby in stock. I need to swatch it though, maybe I can find a tester in a store somewhere. I'm excited to see what they will release next year!

xfarrax

Extremely excited about bobbi brown holiday highlighters seen them plastered all over Instagram there seems to be two shades in that too. They look and remind me of the Estée Lauder gelee formula or even edsf !! Both of which I love.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Aaah, highlighters!
love.gif
I definitely need to join HAA as well. I won't try to list them all down now off the top of my head, that would take a while... (maybe I will later) But I can name my two faves:

- Shiseido Satin Face Colour in High Beam White - NO shimmer, just a subtle natural glow. Seems to be discontinued over here though. I bought a BU from eBay US.

- MAC Lightscapade for when I want more glow and don't mind shimmer

DILLIGAF

My local Sephora has a Dior boutique. I think the last time they STILL has some Amber Diamond. I'll find out what they have for sure on Thursday morning.

Monsy

I just remembered I also have Hourglass palette and Hourglas luminous light ooops :p

mango13

Aaah, highlighters!
love.gif
I definitely need to join HAA as well. I won't try to list them all down now off the top of my head, that would take a while... (maybe I will later) But I can name my two faves:

- Shiseido Satin Face Colour in High Beam White - NO shimmer, just a subtle natural glow. Seems to be discontinued over here though. I bought a BU from eBay US.

- MAC Lightscapade for when I want more glow and don't mind shimmer
High Beam White has not been discontinued. I think it was just out of stock for a while. It's back in stock at Macy's and Nordstrom, but it may not be available in other countries. I noticed that the shade is significantly smaller in other countries.

Medgal07

High Beam White has not been discontinued. I think it was just out of stock for a while. It's back in stock at Macy's and Nordstrom, but it may not be available in other countries. I noticed that the shade is significantly smaller in other countries.
I saw that at Nordies too. I had it in my cart at one point but removed it. It's back on my wish list.

Naynadine

Veteran Moderator
Staff member
Yes, it think it's still available in the US it. But in Germany it has dispappeared from most sites that sell the brand and also from Shiseido's site last time I checked :-/ Some other shades disappeared too, so I'm not really sure what's going on.

I don't count all MSFs as highlighters, like Stereo Rose for example, since it's more like a blush and I can only use it on my cheeks.

Latest posts