Hair curling assistance needed

martygreene

I want to curl my hair. I've been wanting to do this my whole life. My hair won't hold a curling iron curl longer than an hour.

Mom and I tried today with foam curlers on damp hair- I had a whole head of grandma style curlers all day long. I hairdryerd them and everything. I just took them out, they were all 100% dry, and I got a total of 3 curls, the rest was straighter than when I began! I get two curls at the nape of my neck, and one on top of my head, when using the foam rollers.

What the heck is with my hair? Am I doomed to un-curlable hair? I have long, thin, very very slightly wavy hair. I'd like to get loose curls if possible, ringlets would be great though!

Hikaru-chan

What about one of those soft 12 week perms you can get now. I think wella does them but I'm not 100% sure.

Hikaru-chan

They are a semi-permenent perm and leave you with soft curls for up to 12 weeks. They can also be used on colored hair without damage. The good thing is you don't have to wait for it to grow out.
I know my salon does them and I'm going there on friday so I'll ask for more info about it.

so_siqqq

Try using styling products like a curling mouse or Bed Head's Uptight Heat Activated Curl Maker before you curl hair. Then before you curl try try to add some volume to you hair blowdrying it upside down. After that use a curling iron and wrap small sections of your hair in the barrel and hold for like 10 seconds. When you're done use some serum to tame frizzes and finish with hairspray.

Hope that works out.

thaodotcom

i have the same kind of hair like urs. my curls wont stay ever. even wit a lot of products like wax gel all that it won't stay. so i tried that sprial curling iron thing. at first it turned like shirley temple curls. really spiral. but after like 1 hour or 2 it kinda died out and it was really wavy and curly it was very pretty. that iron thing worked well!! esp for my hair its really stubborn

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...36290%3A424364

it looks like this. but the one i had was like ceramic or gold plated or something. hope this ehelps

Latest posts