halloween experiment

bartp

hi guys and girls,

I've been experimenting with McQueen stuff, Matte2 and Antiquitease stuff. It's all in the spirit of Halloween and a small disclaimer: the looks might seem a bit over-done or too powerful , but keep in mind that my background is theatre makeup and that i start bold, and then decide to tone things down. Hopefully it will spark some inspiration for you guys. Thanks for any comments,

This is more detailed information about:
- products used
- inspiration and goals
- problems achieving the look

These are the products that I used for the experiment:

E. Lauder Maximum Cover base
Paint Pot "Pharaoh" (emerald Green, McQueen Collection)
Technakohl Eyeliner "Archival"
msf e/s "By Jupiter" (gold - silver - taupe)
e/s "Beatuy Marked" ( black with red pearl)
Matte 2 Clarity (teal blue)
Fluidline eyeliner "non conformist" (pale lavender)

Goal:

I want something dramatic, that'll work on stage and that will be combined with a pale face and lips. Call it 'Medusa' or call it 'looks like you just have a punch and a black eye'. You could also see it as an experiment with a smokey eye. Most of the time you get the smokey eye effect with highlighter and various tones of a same dark color. I wanted to use the same dark colors but combine them with bold colors into a smokey eye effect.

Problems:

blending the McQueen green into your normal skintone isn't easy , esp. if you use them at the outer edges of your eye makeup
the trick with this look was the dark black eyeshadow that frames the eye and is used as a base for the other colors.
layering Milady purple on black eyeshadow seems to bring out the purple, and makes it more intense than applying purple on bare skin
the first attempt did not have any dark eyeshadow beneath the lower lash line. In that case the look just did not work. To get the smokey eye look I really had to overdo it with the shading beneath the lower lash. It's strange and it's counter intuitive because we always want to put darker colors above the top lashline
the only way to survive all that dark color was by applying deep blue and deep purple on the lid and lower lashline
and of course, any comments or feedback is very welcome, thanks :)

dmenchi

Wow, That's An Interesting Look
smiles.gif
You Certainly Have Achived Your Goal~ Good Job
smiles.gif

nunu

looks great!
post what you have used otherwise it will be moved to the Say Cheese section.

Latest posts