• We are currently in the process of rebuilding user permissions. If you find you cannot access something you've normally been able to, please wait until the rebuild process is completed (this message will be removed when it's completed).

Hard Candy Lash Freak Mascara

hauteness

Rating: 4
Price: 5
Packaging: 4
Would you Repurchase? Yes

I bought this on a whim while perusing the new Hard Candy at Wal-mart. I bought Spellbound. This mascara is clear with glitter suspended in it, and looking at the tube I thought it was a colored mascara with a little bit of glitter. Spellbound is a mostly black glitter with a little bit of silver in it. After a couple experiments with it, I found the best way to apply it was to dry lashes after applying your regular mascara, and use mostly the end of the brush as the bristles don't leave much glitter on your lashes. While this color isn't as flashy as the other ones, it still left enough glitter on my lashes to reflect light. After first opening the tube I was a little worried that the glitter would look like unsightly clumps of dried mascara but they blend right into your lashes. I recommend applying this on both sides of your lashes to get a full glittery affect.

Overall this is a fun novelty mascara and I am definitely going to pick up a more flashy color for Halloween! For $6 you can apply tons for a costumey look or just a little for fun.

libra276

Hard Candy at WalMart? I first opened this post because I thought Hard Candy was a Sephora-type brand that belonged in the department store category. What is the world coming to?

MitzyG

GAH, I bought two or three, the blue, black and green I think. I hate them. Someone can have them for all I care.

DJ_Roxas

Quote:
Originally Posted by libra276
Hard Candy at WalMart? I first opened this post because I thought Hard Candy was a Sephora-type brand that belonged in the department store category. What is the world coming to?

I thought the same thing too about that. I wonder why Sephora stopped selling Hard Candy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitzyG
GAH, I bought two or three, the blue, black and green I think. I hate them. Someone can have them for all I care.

Does the mascara flake?

LC

i bought a couple of the hard candy ones too and they suck. the color doesn't show up at all.. boooo hiss!

pink4ever

I don't like this mascara its too clear...what's the point about adding color in the tube? The glitter is okay though.