Heatherette Alpha BP DEPOT? Help!

Brittni

Hi!

I've never dealt with depot-ing anything before. I thought I'd like Alpha BP more than I do. I'd like to depot it so I can a. sell it and b. put a different BP or blush (any suggestions for a super pale girl who likes orangey-pink-bronze for blush? I don't like really light blushes...hehe)

Could somebody direct me to where a good place to do this would be? (ie tutorials or someone explain it)

I do not want to sacrifice the packaging AT ALL! I would send it to somebody to do for me but that's a biiig risk.

Thanks.

(MODS I'm so sorry if this is in the wrong section! PLEASE move it for me if so!)

Amaranth

Well if you just want to put a different one into the nice packaging, all you have to do is pry out the top part and pop a different one in. You can do this by opening up the compact and looking at the place where it closes, there should be a little edge in there where you can see where the top part of the compact (the part holding the beauty powder) meets the rest of the compact. You can jam a thin knife in there any pry it out, and you won't even have to worry about depotting the beauty powder itself.

Here is a tutorial showing you what I just explained (haha, I didn't know it existed until I finished typing all that...though I start from the opposite end, where it closes, not where it meets the lid...either way!):
http://specktra.net/f280/get-some-re...ompacts-67081/

However, if you DO want to depot, this is the method I use, it's VERY easy!
http://specktra.net/f280/depotting-w...ht-iron-40895/

Brittni

Oh, thanks! I guess I didn't even have the terminology down correctly as I want to keep it in the tiny pan...just take it all out of the compact!

Thanks so much! I'll check that out. I just don't think I have a thin enough knife or whatever...need tool suggestions perhaps. lol

Amaranth

No prob! I just use the end of a metal nail file or the end of this really good paring knife I have. If you have a thin enough (or tapered) letter opener, that would also work. You may also want to make sure what you're using isn't TOO sharp (like an exacto knife) or else you could scratch up your compact hardcore, or even worse, have it slip and cut yourself. I've never actually been able to squeeze my knife perfectly into the crack between where the two sections meet, but I still find it's easier with something thinner to pry it out with.

xbrookecorex

Im doing this too, Im hoping someone will want to buy the beauty powder for cheap out of the packaging, or when I put it in plain black Mac packaging from a powder

Latest posts