help! big party tomorrow night!

rouquinne

i'm usually not at a loss for what to wear and i've read through a LOT of the MAC Combos web site, but i'm still a bit stumped....

i have dark red hair and dark brown eyes, the dress i am wearing is a deep royal blue velvet with sheer sleeves and a square neckline - massive pearl and rhinestone choker.

the only thing i know for sure is that i want to wear my Ruby Darling lippie, because it's not something i wear every day. would VG6 lip glass work with this?

i think i'd like to do a wash of Stila Moonlight from lashline to brow bone then put Honey Lust all over the lid. definitely false eyelashes and lining with Showstopper.

but it's a crease colour that has me mystified... i have Bronze, Mulch, Sable and Beauty Marked. would Beauty Marked at the outside corner work okay with Bronze the rest of the way???? or maybe Shale and Trax????

this is my office xmas party for my day job and it's semi-formal and everyone is meeting my boyfriend for the first time.eeeeeekkkk!!!

sexynatty420

i think a purple smokey eye
purple and brown eye is beautiful

so try maybe sattelite dreams on half the lid,entremauve pigment in the crease,beauty marked in the outer V and kitchmas as a highlight

with prunella eye coal and nocturnelle over top the liner to make it stay

then for lips :maybe a darkish pink such as "syrup"

rouquinne

i don't have most of those colours!
ssad.gif

rouquinne

Bronze, Brule, Jest, Mineralism, Mystery, Naked Lunch, Sumptuous Olive, Orange Tangent, Shale, Shroom, Trax, Honey Lust, Beauty Marked, Showstopper, Coquette, Mulch, Honesty, Gold Bit, Sable, Surprint Sepia, the Liza Day quad, Coco and Tan pigments.

an ancient Madeline Mono pigment-like shadow in a shade called Turkish Coffee that looks like Chocolate Brown pigment with an olive undertone.

NARS Cairo and Night Star.

Stila Moonlight, Twilight, Kitten, Wheat, Oasis and Sun.

Caryl Baker African Violet (beautiful purple in between Shale and Parfait Amour) and Catty (shimmering navy blue).

ta da!!!!

geez, i realize that's not much compared to what some of you have, but i hope my boyfriend never sees that list!!!

greengrin.gif

did i also mention that i'm afraid of colour??? LOL i'm 46, so stuff tends to settle in the wrinkles over time...

rouquinne

i ended up wearing Stila Wheat as the highlight, Honey Lust all over the lid, and the Turkish Coffee in the crease with Showstopper to line on the upper lid and Teddy liner on the lower.

no blush, i couldn't control the flush i got when drying my hair...

i skipped the red lipstick and only wore Sizzle Peach lipglass!

Latest posts