Help please!

Moags

Hi there I'm new to this forum and hoping someone out there can help me. The lovely peach-based BB cream I'd been using and which I'd been told really suited me has been discontinued and I don't want to spend a fortune trying out others that are of no use. Can anyone recommend please. Also unfortunately Benefit mascara has discontinued their brown! Can anyone suggest a brown that won't make me look like a panda after 10 minutes of wear. Really appreciate your help as i can't afford to keep getting things wrong

shellygrrl

Staff member
What's this peach-based BB cream you're talking about? What were the coverage and finish like? I think more information will be helpful here.

Mascara-wise, if you don't want something that smudges, you may want to look at tubing mascaras (all you need to remove them is warm water). Thrive Causemetics and Blinc both make tubing mascaras in brown.

Moags

What's this peach-based BB cream you're talking about? What were the coverage and finish like? I think more information will be helpful here.

Mascara-wise, if you don't want something that smudges, you may want to look at tubing mascaras (all you need to remove them is warm water). Thrive Causemetics and Blinc both make tubing mascaras in brown.
Thank you very much for your reply. I'm meaning peach-based colour as opposed to pink or sometimes BB cream can be quite yellow or orange. It had quite light coverage and was also dewy which suited my over 60 years old skin perfectly. It was made and sold by the supermarket Lidl but they've discontinued it. Sorry I should have said I live in Scotland. I'm not sure if this site is worldwide. I was just wondering if anyone out there had found something similar. Thank you very much for the advice on the mascara. Regards

shellygrrl

Staff member
Our membership is global but a number of us are in the US.

I figured you meant peach undertone in regards to the BB cream but what I was trying to figure out (and probably wasn't clear enough about) was the name of the BB cream and the shade name or number.

I think, if you're not currently locked down, and you live near enough to some makeup counters or stores, to go and ask for assistance in finding something similar. Or, if you are under lockdown, browse around various websites (Selfridges, Boots, Space NK, Superdrug, et al) and see if there's something that meets your criteria that you're interested in and meets your budget.

Moags

Our membership is global but a number of us are in the US.

I figured you meant peach undertone in regards to the BB cream but what I was trying to figure out (and probably wasn't clear enough about) was the name of the BB cream and the shade name or number.

I think, if you're not currently locked down, and you live near enough to some makeup counters or stores, to go and ask for assistance in finding something similar. Or, if you are under lockdown, browse around various websites (Selfridges, Boots, Space NK, Superdrug, et al) and see if there's something that meets your criteria that you're interested in and meets your budget.
It was called Osiris Avise All In One Skin Perfector was only £1.99 and was lovely. I searched the web high and low but no joy. Alas we've lost every department store where I live but we do still have Boots so I'll try there. I've always been apprehensive about approaching beauticians at counters but time to bite the bullet. Thanks again

Latest posts