help! retin-a or tazorac users!!!

dmenchi

hi! i'm not sure if i can post this in this forum,but anyway..
th_dunno.gif

please share your experiences with Retin-A or tazorac, please!!! and any info about 'buffering' / glycerin is verrrrrrry appreciated. Thank you, my lovely informative specktretts
smiles.gif

tabou82

Starlite, I use Retin-A and I love it as I have super oily skin. The only downside is that with usage, the skin may become easily irritated and dry causing extreme (well maybe not "extreme") peeling. More than anything, the peeling is a nuisance if you like to wear make-up everyday. Because my skin is oily, if I use a heavy moisturizer to combat the peeling and dryness, I'll end up looking like an oilslick. However, if I do break-out I don't have to worry with scarring or spotting because the Retin-A constantly exfoliates the skin or causes it to peel more frequently. I have not tried Tazorac but I'll ask my Derm about it at my next appointment.

Hope I've helped in some way!

dmenchi

thanks for the info...i was wondering myself. i 've been using it and i mix it with glycerin and water..other wise my skin is a desert LOL
smiles.gif

ultraviolet

I know i've used Retin-A but i don't recall it helping with my issues at the time. And well Taz, quite literally, burnt off a good portion of skin on my chin (which fortuantely healed and never scarred).

miss_supra

It caused me to peel, but my doctor advise to mix my moisturizer with the same amount I use on my face. Which did help. I normally used a light effoliating dialy scrub that helped with the peeling.

After about a month I started to see some real results.

sparklingmuse

ive never tried tazorac but ive used retine-a, clindamycin, one other that i cant remember its name, and i am now on benzamycin. benzamycin is the only thing that has worked for me. but it does make my skin a bit dry. so i use clinique super defence in combo/oily and that helped my skin alot. i also spritz my skin with fix + and its been a total lifesaver for my acne med dry skin.

mollythedolly

I used Retin-A for, I want to say, about a month?

I have fairly oily skin and it made me peel whenever I touched my face, so when I moisturised or just put on makeup in general, it looked like I had been badly burned by the sun.

Edit: It DID drastically help reduce breakouts.

GertiL

If retin-a is too much you can always try a retinaldehyde product like Ystheal from La Roche Posay. I prefer Diacneal, also from La Roche, Posay because it contains both retinaldehyde and AHA.

On MUA I read that some people use short contact therapy: leave retin-a on face for 1-5 minutes, than wash off.

Good luck!

gymangel812

I use tazorac. i like it alot. if you are going to use it, build up slowly with it or try short contact therapy. tetrakis's notepad on MUA has lots of helpful info about it.

Latest posts