Help! Skin bumps!

Krista

K, here's a close up picture of my skin (eewwwww). It doesn't look nearly this bad when it's not so close up. But you get the idea. I need to get my skin nice and smooth. How do I do it??? It's driving me crazy!

PC202122.jpg

PC202124.jpg

ew. How embarassing.

Janice

Your best bet is to go see a derm, it looks like an issue that will need meds to clear up.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
Your best bet is to go see a derm, it looks like an issue that will need meds to clear up.

*pout* really??

Janice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krista
*pout* really??

I'm no expert, but with "bumps" that aren't directly related to acne (I don't see whiteheads on most of the ones in your picture) it's probably something that medication will help clear.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janice
I'm no expert, but with "bumps" that aren't directly related to acne (I don't see whiteheads on most of the ones in your picture) it's probably something that medication will help clear.

Yeah, I rarely get whiteheads. These are teeny tiny red bumps.

Darnit. I guess I'll be going to the doctor.
ssad.gif

Thanks.

Cruella

I think they are simply clogged pores - I get them from certain foundations, etc. Have you just switched to a new foundation, primer, powder, etc?

Sushi_Flower

I have those but more spaced out and smaller..i think they are just blocked pores. Would steaming and deep cleansing help guys? I exfoliate regularly so it's not down to that.

Krista

Yeah I just switched from Studio Stick to Studio Tech. My skin is far too dry for Studio Fix...And I just started using a bronzer everyday. Maybe that's it.

I also exfoliate once a week. Maybe I need a new cleanser/exfoliator.

Dreamergirl3

bronzers typically break me out...that and Tarte cheek stain
ssad.gif

i stopped using my bronzer and tarte blush for a week and kept my regular skin care routine and the bumps went away...yay! But, i have no money for another bronzer OR blush and they're my only ones really, so I still use them and just deal with the bumps by using salicylic acid treatments on them every night. works wonders for me! HTH!

bocagirl

Have you tried Neutrogena On The Spot Treatment? Of maybe another you could try is DDF BP Gel with Tea Tree Oil.

Isis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruella
I think they are simply clogged pores - I get them from certain foundations, etc. Have you just switched to a new foundation, primer, powder, etc?

Ditto. I was about to say that. And they're deff. not whiteheads.
Start cleansing your skin with a deep pore cleanser & exfoliate 2x a week. That should clear it up.
It does seem to be the pruducts your using that's causing it.

Oh and just something else I thought of... Are you using the same makeup sponge day after day to apply foundation? And do you clean you brushes after each use? B/c if you're using a the same sponge and brushes that havn't been washed regularly, they can absolutly make you break out like that too.

Just my few cents on this.

Isis

If you get them after right you wax or shave, it may be from using hot water in the bath or shower within 24 hours. Or sometimes they just appear.
Use a body scrub and they'll go away
smiles.gif
I've gotten those occasionally.

pumpkincat210

you might need to exfoliate more, I like to apply witch hazel and a benzoyl peroxide cream before bed. You might also want to stay away from ice cream and fatty sweets. I used to have those kinds of bumps too, doing this helped my skin out a bunch.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairladyZ
Ditto. I was about to say that. And they're deff. not whiteheads.
Start cleansing your skin with a deep pore cleanser & exfoliate 2x a week. That should clear it up.
It does seem to be the pruducts your using that's causing it.

Oh and just something else I thought of... Are you using the same makeup sponge day after day to apply foundation? And do you clean you brushes after each use? B/c if you're using a the same sponge and brushes that havn't been washed regularly, they can absolutly make you break out like that too.

Just my few cents on this.

hmmmm. well i do wash my foundation brush a lot, so it's not that...grrr this is frustrating.

Krista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa
do you have similar bumps on your upper arms/thighs?

i don't...

Glitter

^

"Yeah I just switched from Studio Stick to Studio Tech. My skin is far too dry for Studio Fix...And I just started using a bronzer everyday. Maybe that's it.

I also exfoliate once a week. Maybe I need a new cleanser/exfoliator."

vloky

I get funny bumps all the time on my arms. the doctor said they are "normal" I've found using hydrocortisone (sp??) cream helps quite a bit. I can't make out the picture to well but I think what you have is what I get.

Latest posts