~ help! where to stay in LA?

foxyqt

hello everyone.. my family and i decided to travel to california during our summer vacation sometime in july =D im very excited! so my part of the vacation planning is to find a place to stay.. we're probably going to be there for 3 to 4 weeks.. i'd really appreciate any recommendations on where to find good furnished appartments in los angeles (near a CCO - lol j/k)

thanks very much
yes.gif

MACATTAK

That will be one of the hottest months of the year, so make sure where ever it is, it has lots of air conditioning
smiles.gif

athena123

Hi foxy, LA is a huge area, can you try to narrow it down? Like, do you want to stay close to downtown LA or Santa Monica or are you looking for an ocean view with quick access to the beach? At least by the beach you won't have to worry quite so much about air conditioning. If you're more inclined to visit Orange County, Huntington Beach is fantastic! The surfboard championships are held there right at the pier and traffic is a little less intense than LA.

amoona

foxyqt I know you've never been to LA so there are a few nice places that I usually stay when I go. I either stay in Pasadena, Glendale, West Hollywood, Beverly Hills, or Westwood. However I'm not from LA so I can't give you a lot of details.

As far as furnished apartments go, I know in the Middle East it's very easy to rent an apartment for the time you're visiting but I've never seen that done here. You'd have to research that a little more online. It's not like back home where there are a million and one apartments you can rent for a couple weeks or a couple months while you're vacationing. I'm sure there has to be SOME but I've never heard of any.

foxyqt

MACATTAK; wow i forgot about air conditioning.. thanks for bringing that up!

athena123; i heard a lot of nice things about the OC, my uncle has been there and he loved itttt so we're def gonna visit there!
greengrin.gif
thank you

amoona; lol i know! its really hard and i've been doing a lot of searching online.. thanks for suggesting the nice places ;D

amoona

haha yea i know girl, to be honest chances of u guys finding a furnished apartment for a few weeks is slim to none. unless you know somebody, you'll have to stick with hotels. a good way to find out though is through a travel agent.

Oh I forgot the original reason for this reply - check out losangeles.craigslist.org because they might have some stuff on there.

athena123

^^^ Yes, you can certainly find a sublet or temporary housing on Craigslist and most of the posters will be able to provide pictures as well. Just be sure to pin down what you're looking for. Beach, urban, mixed use commercial/residential.

Latest posts