Help with MAC eyeliner

cocodivatime

Can you guys help me? I'm trying to find and eyeliner that does not smudge. I must be buying the wrong formula.

I have all of the dual edge eyeliners that came out a while back. I love the colors but they smudge so bad. Not the ends with the glitter, but the other ends with the regular eyeliner if that makes sense.

They go on so nice and creamy but halfway through the day and sometimes even sooner my eye is smudged like crazy.

I usually only wear eyeliner on my waterline. Can someone please suggest what I should buy? ALso since I have all of the duals edge liners already....how should i be using them so that they won't smudge? Are they for the liniing the top lid only?

thanks all!!!!

florabundance

everytime someone posts an eyeliner rec, i always say the same - Technakohl in Graphblack. An MA recommended it to me and i was cynical at first, but it works like a charm - no running at all
smiles.gif

smh28

I use MAC fluidline in black and it does not smudge. As a matter of fact I have trouble getting it off at night with make up remover! Not sure how good you are with gel liner. It does take a little practice with a brush (I am a total beginner) but once you learn you will find it looks amazing. I do use it on my waterline with great results. It stays put. Very easy to put on that area with an eyeliner brush. Good luck. Hope you find something that works for you!
smiles.gif

FiestyFemme

If you're looking for a pencil, go with Technakohl.
I keep hearing great things about it, and I plan to pick up Graphblack at some point.
I also find Fluidline to work well on the waterline, but it's not approved for the waterline, so you must use at your own risk.

JediFarfy

Technakohl! Nothing is easier. Graphblack and Plank are my norms. I've just started trying Fluidline and those are pretty easy once you get used to it. I get very minor smuding in the outer corner, but I think I just put too much there. Otherwise, no movement on either.
greengrin.gif

JF

Aingail

I would go with the flluidlines. If I line my eyes, the fluidline stays that way untill I remove it
greengrin.gif

I have to agree with Mac Fluidline also, I live in hot place so I know for a fact that this stuff can hold up pretty well! I also apply in my waterline if that helps out! Good Luck.

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocodivatime
What's the difference between Technakohl and Powerpoint pencils? Its all very so confusing

They are quite different. The Technakohl pencil has a swivel up mechanism and can't really be sharpened. It claims to be long wearing and smudge proof, but I've never had much luck with it...mainly because I like to sharpen my eye pencils.
The Powerpoint is my favorite MAC pencil. It's actually waterproof and will not budge. I use it on my waterline, however, I don't think it's approved for use there. So use it at your own risk. My eyes don't seem to be easily irritated, but if yours are, I would try something else.

My favorite pencil of all time for my waterline is the Urban Decay 24/7 pencil in Zero. Its a rich true black. It's waterproof and I believe it's actually waterline safe.

HTH!

kimmy

i think for the waterline, you cannot go wrong with fluidline. it's a bitch to get off though, especially if you're using it on your waterline.

Kiseki

MAC - Technakohl
Giorgio Armani - Eye Silk Pencil
Guerlain - Terracotta Loose Powder Kohl

Latest posts