Hiring MUA who uses Drugstore Products??

Cinammonkisses

Hi! So I need some feedback and recommendations. I'm getting married next month and need a mua to apply my makeup. I could do it myself, but want one less thing to stress about on my day. Anyway, an associate of mine has started her career as a mua for a little over a year now. Anyway, we were talking about the importance of coverage. I don't want cakey makeup, but definitely don't want to sheer. I want a flawless face. Anyway, she tells me she uses Loreal True Match in her kit. I own that myself, and a few MAC foundations/powders as well. Would you trust your wedding day to drugstore products?? Thanks again for reading and feedback, CK

Cinammonkisses

I think my fear is picture quality. How well will I look after hours dancing, taking pictures, etc. I want my makeup to last and not soak into my skin.

Even though its only for one day, it is a BIG day. I personally would buy the better stuff just to be on the safe side. If you are worried about your makeup lasting then how can you enjoy your day? (btw congrats!)

xStarryEyedX

In my opinion when it comes to photos that you're going to have for the rest of your life- I wouldn't feel comfortable with it. I keep MAC studio tech in my kit because I know I like it in photos, and it's long wearing. I just don't feel like the Loreal is as tried and true for that kind of occasion =/

lippieluv2013

I would rec that you make up your face the way that you would like it and take photographs. See for yourself what a 'regular' camera does. Take photos immed and a couple of hours later. And have someone take pics with your phone. It will give you an idea of what you will look like in professional pics. Did this for a friend of mine. Did a much better job than I ever could to explain why her makeup choices were 'wrong' for such a special occasion. Product suggestion: Lancôme. They have a long wearing liquid foundation that is great.

Latest posts