hot roller help

MACgirl

any help would be greatly appriciated

i have a set of hot rollers i spent 50 bucks on a year ago, "hot shot tools" from helen of troy at sallys....and including today ive used a total of 4 times!..why you may ask? well everytime I have tried them, the curl and volume is amazing...for the first hour then after they just get flatter and more straight as the day goes on. i usually leave them in for an hour, and use paul mitchell hair spray to set them..not alot of it as i know this can wiegh them down. I do use it on my own hair as well as my clip in (human hair) and the same thing happens!...this is wierd becuase i have naturally wavy/ curly hair and it holds curl from a flat iron or curling iron really well. I used them today and they were amazing at first but mid shift at work, i came back from lunch and one of my cowrkers asked if flat ironed my hair since i came in! lol. I would really like to try to make these work before i get rid of them, im willing to try any heat memory (would love recs) products or techniques! and also if you could reccomond what u think the best hot rollers on the market are...

thank u so much!

tuttifrutti

i personally love babyliss hot rollers
Babyliss Professional Electric Ceramic Ionic Hot Roller - BABHS40C
http://www.flatironexperts.com/Babyliss-Electric-Ceramic-Ionic-Hot-Roller-p/babhs40c.htm

they are a bit on the expensive side..but work really well..
also..a few things i would suggest..
use a volumizing shampoo and conditioner (redken's body full..love this stuff)
also use a root lifter...like redken's body full instant bodifier..
I hope this helps..

drchick890

the same thing happens to me!!! my hair is totally fab the first hour.. then flatsville once it settles..RAWR.. using my elnett sprays prolongs it a bit but not totally.. :( i was starting to think it was just my texture of my hair.. :( i heard using a volumizing mousse helps beforehand.. so im going to try that :)

flexibleloyalty

I have the SAME issue!! I use Babyliss hotrollers. My hair looks AMAZING afterwards. Falls flat and the curls fall out within 10-15 mins.

I have tried different kinds of hairspray, not touching the curls until they cool, using a sea salt spray, using hte hotrollers, and then curling with a regular curling iron afterwards, washing my hair hte day before and curling it hte next day....

NOTHING seems to make them last any longer :(

amoxirat

Using a curl enhancer and a volumizing mousse helped me a little when I had this same problem, but hot rollers are definitely not my favorite way to curl my hair!

Latest posts