How do I go about?

glamdoll

Getting grants for beauty school? I've looked online for different kinds of scholarships, but most of them say you must be enrolling to a 4yr university, or be enrolled in math/science programs. I want to find grants to cover the cost of my beauty school ($17,650) Pell grant and fafsa only give me 4k combined.

If anyone one can help, it would be greatly appreciated
smiles.gif

MxAxC-_ATTACK

wow thats is one overpriced cosmo school!!

My cosmetology school was 7,000 dollars and the surrounding ones were about that price as well, I suggest looking around some more considering you are only going to be there about a year , in CA 1600 hours gets you a license and 17 almost 18,000 dollars is extremely overprice, which school were you thinking of going to?

little teaser

wow that is alot, im sure you could go into the school and sit down with the admin and they could probley help you get grants to cover most if not all of the cost.

glamdoll

Thank ladies, the school I looked into is in my area and has a good reputation its "Marinello."

I did have a talk w/ the administrators, and based on my hubby's income (which isnt A LOT he's only 20) I only qualify for 4,000 bucks in grants. Then they will do 2 separate loans of 5,000 with a 6.8% each. The 6.8% I have to pay while in school. The other 3 grand not covered by the grants or loans must be CASH out of my wallet in a monthly payment of 245 for the 10 months duration of school.

I think that is WAY too much. The thing is I dont drive, its the nearest thing. I hate not driving, but ugh.

My mom, who is a cosmetologist, said that the school is way over priced. I dunno what else to do...

clslvr6spd

I am going to cosmetology school in the next couple months and the schools up here in northern cali are $14,000-$16,000. One school I was looking at is raising there price in January to $18,000.
My hair dresser went to the one I am going to and she said when she went 5 years ago is was $7,000-$8,000. It is OUTRAGEOUS though!
wtff.gif

glamdoll

clslvr6spd, it is totally outrageous! And they dont even try and help that much either. Its infuriating. Makeup school would actually be cheaper by 10k so I dunno maybe Ill do that instead.[/i]

MxAxC-_ATTACK

my school offered absolutely NO Financial assistance, what so ever, it was a strictly cash or check only. mine was 7,000 dollars or so, and that was in 2003 and 2004.

Latest posts