How do I use......?

JanineDesiree

MAC Mixing medium for eyeliner...

I got it so I can use my spoke signal pigment for eyeliner... I just don't
know HOW to....

Any help would be great!
smiles.gif

panda0410

which mixing medium do you have? there is more than one that can be used and they work differently.

panda0410

this is a lot thicker than the others and is great for glitters if you want to make glitter liners too!! just put a (very) small amount in a leak proof jar - I use the small mac screwtop jars and then add the pigment - I find that shaking it works better for mixing pigment than stirring. then you will need a good liner brush - I prefer the 209, but any of the other liners brushes will work - its just going to be personal preference. Dip the brush and line!! Just be careful with which pigments you use - some of them are not eye safe, and while some people may not have trouble with them, others have awful reactions so read the precaution list carefully on your pigment leaflet before you use it. If you use glitters DONT line the waterline with them, leave leave for upper lashlines only because the glitters definitely are not eyesafe

JanineDesiree

is there any formula... like 2 parts pigment to 1 part mixing medium? or do i just do it as i see fit?

And is it savable? or should I just do enough for one use?

panda0410

I dont use a formula as such, I just mix until I get the right depth/strength of colour. You can keep it for a bit, but it will dry out so only use what you need. TBH you may have been better with the water based medium for lining unless you are specifically using glitters - the water based medium has FAR less wastage and is somewhat easier to use - just wet the liner brush, pick up the pigment and line - you dont waste pigment or mixing medium and it will work for everything except glitters. I guess it just depends how you like to use your makeup - I got the eyeliner medium especially for my glitters, I use the water based for my pigments
smiles.gif

Latest posts