How Is Everyone Doing?

Rinstar

We did our first classes for all levels yesterday, including the little babies (3 years old) and they worked pretty well! It's good to be keeping a normal schedule again and I think the parents appreciate being able to set their child up and then walk away for awhile. Hope you are all hanging in there!

fur4elise

We did our first classes for all levels yesterday, including the little babies (3 years old) and they worked pretty well! It's good to be keeping a normal schedule again and I think the parents appreciate being able to set their child up and then walk away for awhile. Hope you are all hanging in there!
That is so awesome!

Rinstar

I'm happy that you all are well. The first days of isolation are the worst, so be brave!
I'm writing to you from Italy: you know how the situation is here, and also in my country, Spain.
Fortunately today is the third day in which the number of infected people has decreased here in Italy. I hope it stays that way, we need hope and knowing we are in the good way.
As you said, I think of all the people who are having a hard time at work, so I don't complain because having lectures online is not the same; on the contrary, I am thankful because my students are wonderful and very collaborative.
I just wanted to give you some hope, and tell you that is possible to stop the virus if we stay at home. I just wish to write a better English to express better myself.
Take care
And thank you for the link to the virtual galleries! :)

fur4elise

I'm happy that you all are well. The first days of isolation are the worst, so be brave!
I'm writing to you from Italy: you know how the situation is here, and also in my country, Spain.
Fortunately today is the third day in which the number of infected people has decreased here in Italy. I hope it stays that way, we need hope and knowing we are in the good way.
As you said, I think of all the people who are having a hard time at work, so I don't complain because having lectures online is not the same; on the contrary, I am thankful because my students are wonderful and very collaborative.
I just wanted to give you some hope, and tell you that is possible to stop the virus if we stay at home. I just wish to write a better English to express better myself.
Take care
And thank you for the link to the virtual galleries! :)
:hugs: Thank you so much for sharing with us! You have given us a bit of perspective. It has been upsetting to hear how things have been in Italy. We (in most of the US) have certainly have not experienced what you have. It is good news to hear the number of infected has decreased. We just have to stay put and do our part to help this recovery happen. You are very welcome for the link! You may not know, but I am an academic librarian. We too have gone to online only courses and instruction until the end of June. It has been quite an adjustment! Hang in there! Do keep posting on how things are going with you.

Last edited:

VAL4M

I’m also home for 3 weeks but still have a job so good news. What totally demolished me yesterday is when i found out someone stoled an order i’ve made for my son’s birthday ( going on 5 on April 14th) all none essentials stores are now closed till April 13th so unless i reorder there is no way i can have any gift for his birthday 😥 anyway i did reorder and i will watched for delivery like a hawk!

:hugs: Thank you so much for sharing with us! You have given us a bit of perspective. It has been upsetting to hear how things have been in Italy. We (in most of the US) have certainly have not experienced what you have. It is good news to hear the number of infected has decreased. We just have to stay put and do our part to help this recovery happen. You are very welcome for the link! You may not know, but I am an academic librarian. We too have gone to online only courses and instruction until the end of June. It has been quite an adjustment! Hang in there! Do keep posting on how things are going with you.
Thank you so much! I'm glad to tell you that here things are going better: it seems that almost every day there are less people who get infected. It's very early, however, for knowing when we will out from this situation, but al least, as I told you, there is some hope. Hang in there also! I hope things go better to you very very soon.

lenchen

So, all is still good in my household. Both my husband and I continued to go into work this week.

For me, the campus has been closed to the public and students. All classes are converting to online for the remainder of the semester. So, faculty and essential staff were still able to work on campus this week in preparation for that. Let me tell you, there are some stressed out faculty who are technophobes. They are having the hardest time with this brave new online world. I am hoping they will continue to allow me to work in the library. As I spent all of yesterday scanning book content and emailing students resources needed to do their assignments and papers.

What is hard and a bit sad is the many important college events have been cancelled. The annual student exhibition, a graduation seminar and commencement have all been cancelled. I really feel for those students who are graduating. We are going to have to find a creative way to celebrate them!

Well, the weekend starts soon...but again, because everything is closed and for safety sake, we won't be wandering out. Maybe a trip to the market, but that is about it.

Again sending on my universal wish for all be safe, be well and stay healthy! :heart:
Same! the only time I have been out to the supermarket was to get produce and items I ran out on. The shelves are bare here and it's been very stressful to have to hunt the delivery trucks for things like flour, and toilet paper. I felt like I won the lotto when I spotted some at Aldi.

Latest posts