How Is Everyone Doing?

fur4elise

Hi Beauty Peeps :heart:

I know this is an unusual place to put this thread, but I want to be sure to reach all the usual suspects ;)

Bossman and I are good. While my college campus is closed to students and the public, I am still reporting to work. This is to support all the faculty struggling to get everything online for at least the next two weeks. I feel just as isolated as we are practicing social distancing and staying put in our own spaces. It genuinely feels like we are living out a twilight zone episode.

How are you doing?

Just want you too know I am thinking of you.

x0x0x

Elise

Laurenjvt

Thank you for your kind words. This is certainly the time when we see where the priorities of the cosmetics companies are. LVMH is using its perfume factories to make hand sanitizer, Haus Labs donating 20% of last weeks profits to LA and NYC food banks. I know when I have disposable income again I will look to those companies who help their employees and the community at large.

Last edited:

r0mini0n

Hi ladies! Here we upped our one day work from home to five days work from home. However today we got a phonemail saying that half of our company is being put on economical leave for the next two weeks. I get to stay working but it's a very dubious feeling because I feel so bad for my coworkers. We did not see this one coming, at least not so soon :(
On a personal level a bit harder with the new rules that my country took. I need to visit my hometown but I don't know if I'll be able too. Fingers crossed...

Thinking of everyone here and wishing you all well. Stay safe!

Laurenjvt

Hi ladies! Here we upped our one day work from home to five days work from home. However today we got a phonemail saying that half of our company is being put on economical leave for the next two weeks. I get to stay working but it's a very dubious feeling because I feel so bad for my coworkers. We did not see this one coming, at least not so soon :(
On a personal level a bit harder with the new rules that my country took. I need to visit my hometown but I don't know if I'll be able too. Fingers crossed...

Good Luck, hope you can travel safely to family and friends.

fur4elise

This is happening all over, with many companies and businesses. It is apparent small businesses will be hit really hard. There is stress in my household as my husband is a small business owner. He is very concerned about how all of this will affect his company over the coming weeks. His work season typically begins mid-April and work is contract based. He is worried those businesses will cancel scheduled work. It is a serious domino effect. :oops:

fur4elise

Was coming here to check in, hoping everyone is staying healthy. I am working from home, although that is difficult since I am a dance teacher. We're keeping our classes going on Zoom, so it's been interesting.

In the past 10 days, I have never had so many virtual meetings over numerous platforms. Zoom, Google Hangouts, Teams, Canvas! What amazes me, is that all these platforms seem to be holding up to the serious uptick in use. None of my meetings crashed.

Good for you on finding a way to keep your dance classes going! :five: Those who are house bound will go crazy if they are not active...in my heart of hearts...I wanted to be a dancer! :heart:

fur4elise

So, all is still good in my household. Both my husband and I continued to go into work this week.

For me, the campus has been closed to the public and students. All classes are converting to online for the remainder of the semester. So, faculty and essential staff were still able to work on campus this week in preparation for that. Let me tell you, there are some stressed out faculty who are technophobes. They are having the hardest time with this brave new online world. I am hoping they will continue to allow me to work in the library. As I spent all of yesterday scanning book content and emailing students resources needed to do their assignments and papers.

What is hard and a bit sad is the many important college events have been cancelled. The annual student exhibition, a graduation seminar and commencement have all been cancelled. I really feel for those students who are graduating. We are going to have to find a creative way to celebrate them!

Well, the weekend starts soon...but again, because everything is closed and for safety sake, we won't be wandering out. Maybe a trip to the market, but that is about it.

Again sending on my universal wish for all be safe, be well and stay healthy! :heart:

VAL4M

Hi 👋🏼, I’m here on the subway going back home from work writing on specktra haha. It’s been stressful, the gouvernement shut down all schools, daycare so husband and i are trying to make it work. His job is way more proactive then mine. But it is still difficult to work home with 2 boys a 4 almost 5 years old and a 9 years. I’m trying to work from home as much as possible but i still need to go to work a couple of days per week. I’m still training for my marathon still on for May 31st, i’m not hoarding toilet paper but they reduce the hours of work of groceries stores and liquor store (it is run by the provincial government) so here i am with 3 bottles of wine when my wine fridge is already full at home 😂. We are healthy but mindful of every little cough and sneeze wondering if it is our turn but that hasn’t stop my youngest to eat snow outside even if i yell at him to stop. 🤦🏽‍♀️

VAL4M

So, all is still good in my household. Both my husband and I continued to go into work this week.

For me, the campus has been closed to the public and students. All classes are converting to online for the remainder of the semester. So, faculty and essential staff were still able to work on campus this week in preparation for that. Let me tell you, there are some stressed out faculty who are technophobes. They are having the hardest time with this brave new online world. I am hoping they will continue to allow me to work in the library. As I spent all of yesterday scanning book content and emailing students resources needed to do their assignments and papers.

What is hard and a bit sad is the many important college events have been cancelled. The annual student exhibition, a graduation seminar and commencement have all been cancelled. I really feel for those students who are graduating. We are going to have to find a creative way to celebrate them!

Well, the weekend starts soon...but again, because everything is closed and for safety sake, we won't be wandering out. Maybe a trip to the market, but that is about it.

Again sending on my universal wish for all be safe, be well and stay healthy! :heart:

my work is so late with technology they just learn about share drive and i tried to show them how to used the calendar in outlook and the receptionist just asked me to write down my schedule on a page 🤷🏻‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Last edited:

Rinstar

I just have to share this with all of you because I know you'll understand my pain- I've been social distancing/staying home for a week now and I have never had such a good skin week in my life and my makeup (when I've worn it) has been coming out amazing. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

VAL4M

I just have to share this with all of you because I know you'll understand my pain- I've been social distancing/staying home for a week now and I have never had such a good skin week in my life and my makeup (when I've worn it) has been coming out amazing. Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Ok we want to know all the dirt on the coworker/ boss that is stressing you out at work that you haven’t seen for a week (my only explanation for the good skin) 🤪 also maybe you are eating healthier now , less takeout and restaurants that offer meals full of butter and salts 🤷🏻‍♀️

fur4elise

I totally chuckled it loud at this! Because I had a great beauty week too! ☺

As I mentioned in my last post, I was still able to go in to work. I got up every morning, did my cardio and got ready for the work day. I still did my makeup and picked out cute clothes combos. Behaving as normal definitely alleviates stress and anxiety for me. I think getting pretty helps with keeping a positive mindset.

Even though my in person contact was minimal, I still met with colleagues virtually. I feel like it also lands on me, as a director, to show I'm keeping it together and I'm there to provide support. No one is telling me to behave this way, I'm just doing it. They say control the things you can.

I went on a tangent...lol Back to beauty!
I recently scored a $12 IT foundation brush at TJMaxx (retails for $45 ) :yess:
I've never used a brush to apply foundation. I've used sponges for years. So I thought what the hey...All I can say is wow! I love this brush! I love how smooth and even it applies. Hence having great makeup days. :)

Last edited:

Rinstar

Ok we want to know all the dirt on the coworker/ boss that is stressing you out at work that you haven’t seen for a week (my only explanation for the good skin) 🤪 also maybe you are eating healthier now , less takeout and restaurants that offer meals full of butter and salts 🤷🏻‍♀️

I don't eat much takeout on a regular basis, but you're right, I am now eating NO takeout at all. Could be that!! Have had lots of time for great workouts and walks outside so might be that too, plus have been taking tons of vitamins :ROFLMAO:

Rinstar

I totally chuckled it loud at this! Because I had a great beauty week too! ☺

As I mentioned in my last post, I was still able to go in to work. I got up every morning, did my cardio and got ready for the work day. I still did my makeup and picked out cute clothes combos. Behaving as normal definitely alleviates stress and anxiety for me. I think getting pretty helps with keeping a positive mindset.

Even though my in person contact was minimal, I still met with colleagues virtually. I feel like it also lands on me, as a director, to show I'm keeping it together and I'm there to provide support. No one is telling me to behave this way, I'm just doing it. They say control the things you can.

I went on a tangent...lol Back to beauty!
I recently scored a $12 IT foundation brush at TJMaxx (retails for $45 ) :yess:
I've never used a brush to apply foundation. I've used sponges for years. So I thought what the hey...All I can say is wow! I love this brush! I love how smooth and even it applies. Hence having great makeup days. :)

Totally agree that getting pretty helps the mindset. Plus Zoom meetings with no makeup is not a confidence booster LOL

lenchen

Hi everyone!
I have been mandated to work from home so I have been communicating with my co-workers virtually. Stores, and shops have been closed, so no shopping, restaurants, or salon visits, but I wake up, do yoga, shower, dress and put on makeup as though I going to work. I've been spring cleaning, and watching movies, and playing with my makeup. I've been practicing social distancing as some who is immune compromised, I cannot afford to get sick.

fur4elise

Hi everyone!
I have been mandated to work from home so I have been communicating with my co-workers virtually. Stores, and shops have been closed, so no shopping, restaurants, or salon visits, but I wake up, do yoga, shower, dress and put on makeup as though I going to work. I've been spring cleaning, and watching movies, and playing with my makeup. I've been practicing social distancing as some who is immune compromised, I cannot afford to get sick.

Stay safe and stay well dear friend😘 I am on the other side of you and it is the same. Just about everything is shuttered.

I am heartened to hear all of you are taking good care and staying active. I write this while huffing & puffing away on an elliptical ;) We all might come out healthier on the other side of this time.

I saw no closing announcement of my building, so I'm up and at it this morning. I will stop at the market on my way in. It is quietest early am. I am now carrying gloves and disinfectant wipes with me at all times. Better to be safe and proactive!

Thank you all for taking time to let us know how you are doing. (((((Virtual Hugs)))))
:hugs:

fur4elise

Well, I have officially joined the work from home ranks! Our governor shut it down yesterday for at least 3 weeks!:oops: I pray I don't kill hubs🤪 I'm up an hour later than usual, trying to formulate my stay busy, stay sane plan...while huffing & puffing.

I brought home a large box of reading materials last night. The look on hubs face was priceless :wtf:I do have a virtual meeting at 11, so that will help ease me into my new norm. Thank goodness we replaced our old
modem/router last weekend. Connection to the interwebs is priceless right now!

Latest posts