How long does paint pots last in those sample screw top jars?

Distinque

Hi everyone! I'm moving away for college but I don't want to take all (12+) paint pots with me. So I'm thinking of putting them in the sample screw top jars. Does anyone know how long they last in there? before drying?

Thanks!

April47

When I got a sample from the store they lasted a couple days
ssad.gif
Two of my friends had the same problem. I would just bring yours with you, it sucks but it's better than having to re-buy or get them shipped right?
smiles.gif

Brittni

Honestly, paint pots aren't THAT much bigger than the sample sizes. I'm sure you can find room if you love 'em that much!
smiles.gif

erine1881

mine have lasted months! when they first came out, i did samples (in the sample jars, not travel jars) of the ones i didn't want a full jar, and they're still creamy. no dryouts yet.
thmbup.gif

contrabassoon

If you close them really tight after each use they should last a while. I have a couple of sample jars full of fluidline and they have lasted me for over six months.

Distinque

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
mine have lasted months! when they first came out, i did samples (in the sample jars, not travel jars) of the ones i didn't want a full jar, and they're still creamy. no dryouts yet.
thmbup.gif

The sample jars that I have are the pigment 5 gram screw top sample jars...will those do?

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distinque
The sample jars that I have are the pigment 5 gram screw top sample jars...will those do?

those aren't sample jars, but as long as you tighten pretty well, they might be ok. i'm not sure how airtight they are compared to the actual sample cups that we give customers. that's what my paint pot samples are stored in.

vocaltest

i got some of mine a year ago and they're still fine
smiles.gif
they're in the 5gram pigment sample jars too.

Shaquille

They last forever IMO

I put an itsy bitsy of my painterly pp in sample jars (the black screw top MAC gives out) so I don't need to open the real packaging too often. Painterly is very matte and so can easily dry out (my friend's has). It still works very well until today..

the reason that paint pot samples are dried out it's probably in the store itself, it gets exposed a bit too much that you can't help it from drying out..