How long..

glamdoll

Does it take for paper work to go through? I filled mine out on the 2nd, and I called today (they told me to check in after 10 days) and she said that she hasn't heard anything yet, so maybe monday.

I can't wait to start! hehehe Im excited
yahoo.gif

How long did your paperwork take?

VioletB

Is this for a counter or freelance? I never filled out official MAC "paperwork" and I've been at my counter now for a week. Did I miss something I need to worry about?

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletB
Is this for a counter or freelance? I never filled out official MAC "paperwork" and I've been at my counter now for a week. Did I miss something I need to worry about?

well when I got hired, its freelance and I did paperwork. Im just waiting for my employee number! If you've been at your counter for a week, Im sure you're ok.

Did you do your paperwork at all? Or were you an employee of the dept store first, cus in that case I think theyjust transfer your stuff no?

ah! Im calling again tomorrow
smiles.gif

miss_supra

Took me 2 months for my paper to go through. I had to follow up every two weeks after the first month.

MAC*GIRL08

I just did all my paperwork Friday evening at the counter. It was alot but basic like your W-2, and direct deposit info etc... my manager has my start date on the 20th. I can't wait!!!!!
choochoo.gif

VioletB

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamdoll
well when I got hired, its freelance and I did paperwork. Im just waiting for my employee number! If you've been at your counter for a week, Im sure you're ok.

Did you do your paperwork at all? Or were you an employee of the dept store first, cus in that case I think theyjust transfer your stuff no?

ah! Im calling again tomorrow
smiles.gif

I didn't do any paperwork.. Just like the w2 and stuff.. I worked for Estee Lauder at Macy's and now I'm working for MAC at Nordstrom.. So maybe my stuff was transferred?

baybehbekah

for nordstrom you only fill out nordstrom paperwork b/c you work for nordstrom and it goes much faster because the HR dept is in the store. mac however has one HR dept for the whole country in nyc, that is why it takes so long. thats alot of people to get set up!
smiles.gif

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
Took me 2 months for my paper to go through. I had to follow up every two weeks after the first month.

2 months really? wow. I cant be out of a job that long. Damn.

My friend and I will probably have to extend our 2 weeks w/ Macy's cus that is a long time. I was told 2 weeks.

ah!

Ok Im gonna call them and check again.

Thanks!

miss_supra

Quote:
2 months really? wow. I cant be out of a job that long. Damn.

My friend and I will probably have to extend our 2 weeks w/ Macy's cus that is a long time. I was told 2 weeks.

ah!

Ok Im gonna call them and check again.

Thanks!

I would definitely call and find out. One of the managers took 4 weeks to get hers. when they say 2-3 weeks it is normally a month, at leat in my region.

glamdoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_supra
I would definitely call and find out. One of the managers took 4 weeks to get hers. when they say 2-3 weeks it is normally a month, at leat in my region.

Yeah. I called today but they were busy w/ other interviews. I was told 10 days so my start date was signed as 12th. But yeah I'll give them another call tomorrow.

Thanks!

Im just wondering if I should extend my notice and work some last hours so Im not completely jobles..

Thanks Mss Suppra!

lainz

Quote:
Originally Posted by baybehbekah
for nordstrom you only fill out nordstrom paperwork b/c you work for nordstrom and it goes much faster because the HR dept is in the store. mac however has one HR dept for the whole country in nyc, that is why it takes so long. thats alot of people to get set up!
smiles.gif

so wait, even though i work for nordstrom and i filled out all the paperwork and started working already, i still have to wait for mac to recognize me as an employee? im so confused
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif
blonde.gif

baybehbekah

Quote:
Originally Posted by lainz
so wait, even though i work for nordstrom and i filled out all the paperwork and started working already, i still have to wait for mac to recognize me as an employee? im so confused
th_dunno.gif
th_confused_new.gif
blonde.gif

mac knows you work for them, however you're just not on mac payroll so you don't fill out mac paper work. since nordstrom pays you, you fill out their paperwork.

miss_supra

Quote:
Yeah. I called today but they were busy w/ other interviews. I was told 10 days so my start date was signed as 12th. But yeah I'll give them another call tomorrow.

Thanks!

Im just wondering if I should extend my notice and work some last hours so Im not completely jobles..

Thanks Mss Suppra!

Your welcome. Personally, I would. I have found my old employer is willing to work around when I offical start and new position. I'd talk to your current manager after you touch base with MAC.

glamdoll

Thanks for all the advice!

I called today and she got my number in! he he. I also called my local store, and counter to let them know. They already booked me for a future even in the Pro store as freelance.

yay! Im excited.

smiles.gif

glamdoll

Ladies and Gents! I have ANOTHER question having to do paperwork, when you fill out a background check, how long does it take for that to go through? Does it take a long time to go from freelance to perm (paperwork wise)??

Thanks! I just wanna know how much longer I have to wait!

<3

Latest posts