How often should I clean my Foundation and Concealor brush?

mjacqueline

I put on makeup everyday so do I wash my brushes everyday? Will that damage my babies eventually? Someone suggested I clean it with the MAC brush cleaner after every use and wash them every week. Is that right?

I have acne prone skin so am worried that that could break me out.

Thanks!

Crazy Girly

well, I don't have an foundation or consealer brush,but I wash my other brushes once a week
winks.gif

HTH

Star

Other brushes I wash once a week, but foundation and concealer, I wash after each use. It would feel icky to put new foundation on top of caked foundation on the brush, at least to me. I use a drop of antibacterial soap in a cup of warm water, swish around, and rinse until clear.

Either way, dry them flat, so any water does not drip down into the wooden handle.

Viva_la_MAC_Girl

[
I totally agree with you there..
smiles.gif

Other brushes I wash once a week, but foundation and concealer, I wash after each use. It would feel icky to put new foundation on top of caked foundation on the brush, at least to me. I use a drop of antibacterial soap in a cup of warm water, swish around, and rinse until clear.

Either way, dry them flat, so any water does not drip down into the wooden handle

eponine

i would wash the brushes more if you're acne prone, that way they won't have oil residue leftover on them.
smiles.gif

i personally wash my brushes every time i use them, or every other time if i'm in a rush.

Sanne

I wash it every night, so it's dry and clean in the morning when I want to put my foundation on.

if I want to redo my foundation at the same day, it don't clean it in between

mjacqueline

Thanks alot ladies, I'll wash them everyday with baby soap and lay them flat to dry. I just love this forum, I can always get such good advice.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I just asked a MA at the local MAC Counter and she said for the concealer brush, to clean it daily w/their Brush Cleaner and re-shape it. Hope this helps! Dawn

PrettyKitty

I clean my foundation brush and my concealer brush every 2 days with a Lise Watier spray. And 1 X each weeks with MAC brush cleanser.

perpetuallycute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabulouscazza
i wash my brushes with brush cleaner after each use, then with shampoo and conditioner once a week.
smiles.gif

this is how I do it
Its really important to get your foundation & concealor brushes clean before every use! if not they can harbor bacteria (because they are emmolient)

Bettycakes

Brushes you use with emollient products: wash daily

Brushes you use with powder products: 2-3x week

If you are acne prone, make sure *any* brush or sponge you use on your face/cheeks is scrupulously clean.

My way: MAC brush cleaner from spray bottle onto tissue for quickie/powder clean ups

Diluted baby shampoo in tepid water 1x/week, rinse clean, dry flat overnight

caffn8me

If you're using your brushes to apply makeup on other people you should clean them between each person.

Latest posts