how to make lipstick /lipglass last longer?

chavezwifey

so i have a problem it seems i put my lipstick on and like 20 minutes later is totally gone
angry.gif
!!! i wear MAC slim shine in gaily all the time and entice lip glass over it ... do any of you think it's the combination that I'm m using??
any advice and suggestion welcome

erine1881

use a lip primer and a lip liner (line and fill the entire lip) underneath. it'll give your gloss something to cling to.

bartp

I use a thin layer of MAC pro longwear ( in a sheer colour ).
This works as a base, and I my lipstick on top of it. Even lustre lipsticks cling to that pro long wear layer and don't let go. Even when I add lipgloss on top of it it still works

glassy girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartp
I use a thin layer of MAC pro longwear ( in a sheer colour ).
This works as a base, and I my lipstick on top of it. Even lustre lipsticks cling to that pro long wear layer and don't let go. Even when I add lipgloss on top of it it still works

Does it change the color of ur lipstick or gloss a whole lot what color do u use?

ohnna-lee

line your lips, fill them in if you wish, apply color, take a tissue and separate it place on lips that are parted and rounded (so you get even coverage without settling into lines) and take a big fluffy brush with powder and set it. Then apply another coat of color and gloss. You may have to reapply the gloss but the color should remain. It is better to use a brush when applying your color... just my experience.

COBI

I've just started using MUFE's Aqua Lip and my lips are lasting a lot longer than when I use MAC l/liner. I sometimes use MAC longwear as a base; I like newer twinlustres longwears better than the older ones, they seem less drying on my lips.

I find for regular l/s, the new cremesheens are lasting longer than any of the other MAC finishes that I have (other than the longwears).

With MAC liner, my lips (without prolongwear) would last 1-2 hours. With the MUFE, my lips last until lunch without a color touchup (up to 5 hours). Gloss needs to be reapplied in both cases.

My standard lip routine: exfoliate (every few days), dab of jojoba oil, do rest of makeup/hair, lip erase, liner (line and fill), color, adjust liner (if necessary), gloss <sounds like a lot but total lip time is under 2 minutes (including exfoliation tme)

Latest posts