• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to re-shape your brushes

LinzBelle

There used to be a video on YouTube how to do this, but it was with brush that a manicurist use to put acrylic on your nails. Anyhoo, I tried it with my mangled lip brush
ssad.gif
(it as by MAC too!) and success!!

1. Get your brushes together that have lost their form or you would like to re-shape them, trim off a few strands, etc.

2. Get a dry bar of soap, any kind you like.

3. Put a drop or two of water on top of the soap.
soapbox.gif

4. Swip your brush on the soap until saturated soap.

5. The brush should now be able to be molded into (almost) any shape. YOU can now isolate those little stray hairs and cut them. You can trim the brush to your liking.

6. Let it dry overnight, it will be hard the next day.

7. Wash the soap out of the brush THOUROUGHLY, and you'll see your brushes look brand new!!
clap.gif
cheerleader.gif

user79

Hm. Interesting, but why would you want to cut hairs out of the brush? Won't that thin them over time? I just shape them when they are wet so they dry into form...

thelilprincess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinzBelle
There used to be a video on YouTube how to do this, but it was with brush that a manicurist use to put acrylic on your nails. Anyhoo, I tried it with my mangled lip brush
ssad.gif
(it as by MAC too!) and success!!

can you give us the link to the youtube clip? thanks!

alwaysbella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Hm. Interesting, but why would you want to cut hairs out of the brush? Won't that thin them over time? I just shape them when they are wet so they dry into form...

I thought of the same thing, but i guess i will try it...but without the trimming part.
tong.gif

starlaj

yea same here , i wouldnt trim the brush but will try the soap for sure!! thank you
smiles.gif
xx

AshleyTatton

On my lip brush I have 1-2 hairs that stick out and never lie flat with the brush no matter what I do, I'd probably trim those so they stop being the odd man out on my brush.

looovemac

Thanks for sharing! Brush guard does wonders on my brushes, i wash my brushes, let them dry overnight then put on the brush guard.. they look like brand new.....

Brush Gaurds are the best ever to shape your brushes. I wash then put in brush guard right away. Small brush like 217 or 224 dry within a few hours. even with the brush gaurds on. If you dont have them, get them.

Latest posts