How to use the #226 LE small tapered blending brush

MissAlphaKitty

I was lucky enough to pick up all three of the BBR collections brushes and both the 165 cheek highlight brush and 114 smudgy brush are getting lot of use but I haven't quite found how to use the 226...

it's kinda pokey for a blending brush and I find myself reaching my monogram 224 instead

I really want to use learn how to use this brush...
how are you ladies finding your experience using it?

TIA
smiles.gif

gigiopolis

I posted about this in another thread, actually. When I first got the 226 I used the tip of the brush like how you would typically use a 224 brush in a windshield wiper motion. I found that it created a very harsh line of colour and it looked bad. Plus it was "pokey" as you said.

So I tried again and I used it on its side and it was GREAT! Just sweeping the colour lightly with the sides of the brush into the crease, it fit my eye shape really well. And it was no longer pokey at all. I do it all with the side of the brush - highlighting, blending, crease colour, inner corner. The only time I'd go back to using the tip is to use it as a bigger, fluffier pencil brush, i.e. for detailed crease work or a very smoked out lower lashline.

HTH!

Latest posts