• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

How to : Waterproof Makeup for the beach/pool/surf/swim/waterpark, ANYTHING!

BellaGemma

I surf, swim, go to waterparks and let myself get fully submerged in water, so this stuff will work under extreme water exposure and not just when sitting pretty by the pool! (It will work for that too!)​

Here are the products I used:​

Makeup Forever Full Coverage Cream Concealer in Shades 12, 10 (I am NC37-40 in MAC for reference):

I used these two concealer shades as a foundation all over my face. I spread a very thin layer and then a second thin layer. It stays on better and won't cake if you apply it like that.​

Makeup Forever Waterproof Eyebrow Corrector in #3:

I took the brow gel and squirted a little onto my hand then used a thin, angled brush to fill my brows.​

MAC Liquidlast Liner

I applied a very thin layer of this liner and waited for it to dry first. FYI : I have also tested MAC fluidline in Blacktrack with Ben Nye Eye Seal on top, and it is very waterproof (I wore it to a waterpark and did all the rides. Even my boyfriend was impressed that it stayed on.)​

Makeup Forever Eye Seal:

I applied this ONLY on one eye to see if it made any difference in staying power.​

Tarte Cheek Stain and Smashbox O-Glow, Benefit Benetint (not pictured):

I tried these 3 out on separate occasions. None of them even lasted through a regular day without water on me, so I didn't even bother with blush in these pics. I am going to try Makeup Forever Aqua Creams on my cheeks/lips when I can find one.​

BEFORE PHOTOS:

With flash:

AFTER PHOTOS:

My face was fully splashed and even completely submerged in the water at times!​

EYES (AFTER):

As you can tell, the MAC liduidlast liner stayed on, and the Makeup Forever Eye Seal (only on the left side) did not really make a difference.​

PRODUCTS THAT WORK:
Makeup Forever Full Coverage Cream Concealer
Makeup Forever Waterproof eyebrow corrector
MAC liquidlast liner
MAC fluidline

PRODUCTS THAT DIDN'T:
Tarte Cheek Stain
Smashbox O-Glow
Makeup Forever Eye Seal
Benefit Benetint

SOME TIPS:
Apply thin layers
Wait for makeup to dry after applying, then gently pat face with tissue to remove excess
Air dry when possible
Dab/pat water off with hands, only pat with towel when necessary​

I hope all of this info helps someone out because I spent a long time researching online to find stuff that really works! If you know any other good waterproof products to try, please share!

Last edited:

LMD84

Re: How to : Waterproof Makeup for the beach/pool/surf/swim/wateripark, ANYTHING!

this is very usefull! thanks very much for posting this!
yes.gif

User38

Re: How to : Waterproof Makeup for the beach/pool/surf/swim/wateripark, ANYTHING!

If you don't want to use MUFE foundation, try EL MAx cover -- that stuff really really stays on too. Same for the concealer, the EL double wear stays on really well -- and I use lippies from the EL Double wear as a blush -- and that really works too.. just pick your colors carefully>

leelee.

This is really helpful! I wonder if these things are "grease-proof" though? I have dehydrated skin that gets very oily and lord knows that many waterproof products will 'melt' if it comes into contact with oil -- especially when it's eyeliner. =(

xmakeupfanaticx

Cool post, thanks for the info & tips!

antigone21

Can't wait to receive my Full Cover in the mail to test it out under water. My boyfriend bought me a gift certificate for the icelandic bath&thermal experience at the nearest spa and I've been waiting to be able to buy this concealer before I go. I know, this is very pathetic.

Have you tested MUFE face&body underwater? I am hoping to be able to wear both at the spa and during summer without looking like a mess.

themakeupmommy1

Thank you for the tips. I was told that the Make Up For Ever setting spray will make all your makeup water resistant (unfortunately not waterproof) except mascara of course. Have you ever tried their setting spray?

Latest posts