How you feel about "sharing" make-up?

User93

It freaks me out. No dolls, it seriously does. I dont mind sharing a lippie with my close friend, in fact we exchanged some stuff aswell. But look at this - im at work yesterday, and my co-worker i know for last 2 weeks is like "do you have a lip balm?"/ And well, she saw me using it before, so the answer was quite obvious. I felt stupid declining, and well, had to pass it to her.

Man, i hate this. Get your own damn make-up. Im not asking people for stuff randomly, do I? Its hygiene damn it. We possibly share only with my close friends. Maybe thats just me, but i dont really know who was she kissing in the morning, what she has etc. My luck it was a drugstore lipbalm, not my strobe one.. But i liked that one too.

The best decision would be not letting people see you have stuff.. But thats difficult when you work together 8 hours a day, and they follow you around even.

Once a classmate asked the same thing, and it was my le lippie from MAC.. So i couldnt find anything better than say "you'd better no, i had a terrible lip infection this week".
th_LMAO.gif

Was anyome ever pissed off bout the same thing?

MAC_Pixie04

Absolutely not. I share with my mom, but we don't share anything that can't be cleaned. Mascaras and eyeliners are a no, and we have our own separate brushes. I don't like to share with my friends, and I get grossed out when they ask if they can use my lipgloss or whathaveyou. I get really pissed when I pull out my whatever, and they go "Oh that's pretty, lemme see?" and then they either test it on their hand or try it on. Makes me wanna burn it, then I remember how expensive it was.

OfficerJenny

i share with my mother, and i do makeup with my own stuff but i sanitize it all. I don't share lip blam or lip gloss cause i'm picky like that

redambition

nope - i don't like sharing, and i will try my best to avoid it. absolute no on any creamy products, and i try to avoid sharing powder items too.

there was one time where i was preparing for a party with a bunch of friends, and one of the girls saw my chi chi palette (the one i take when things like this could happen, i leave the MAC at home!) and squealed with delight. she then started applying the shadows onto herself with her fingers. her fingers, being dunked into my fairly new palette... i was not too happy but tried to hide it.

i later busted her in the bathroom using another girl's royal wink shadestick as an eyeliner. ew!

gigiopolis

None of my friends really ask me to share makeup with them unless they ABSOLUTELY NEED IT - like if their lips are chapped so bad that they absolutely need some lip balm. I don't have a problem with that because I'll just wipe off the top layer for them. I wouldn't enjoy it if any of them made a habit out of it - get your own, right? I feel selfish in saying this, but it just feels like they're using you for what you have.

I share my make-up with my mom (or...rather...I steal make-up from her. Haha).

I wouldn't really mind if my close friends want to borrow my make-up, though, but I would definitely make sure to sanitize it before they use it. A lot of people just don't...care about that kind of stuff.

Like, on a band trip this year, my friend recommended me to try this new mascara, and so I bought one. She offered to apply it for me since she says she's awesome with mascara (and she is!), and she wanted to use her tube. I'm like...yeah no. I'm gonna use mine. And she looked so confused.

Oh, and another friend of mine had some pretty bad dry patches on her face, so she asked me if I had any face cream. Of course I didn't (who carries face cream with them to school?), but as a joke, I said I had some lip balm (Rosebud Salve) and hand cream. "Yeah, like you want to put that on your face, hahaha!" And she replies, "What's wrong with that?" I just looked at her funny and handed her the hand cream and she actually put it on. Talk about gross.

sweetbabyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigiopolis
Oh, and another friend of mine had some pretty bad dry patches on her face, so she asked me if I had any face cream. Of course I didn't (who carries face cream with them to school?), but as a joke, I said I had some lip balm (Rosebud Salve) and hand cream. "Yeah, like you want to put that on your face, hahaha!" And she replies, "What's wrong with that?" I just looked at her funny and handed her the hand cream and she actually put it on. Talk about gross.

Actually I've done something similar to that before
whistle.gif

My skin was flaking and I didn't have any moisturiser so i wiped a little of my lip balm on that patch (just used my finger after washing my hands!)
It was a thin layer, and you can't tell, but it helped with the flaking (not that I would want to do it again, but hey! I was desperate! I would've applied hand cream if i didn't have a choice either)

Also I intensely dislike sharing make-up especially eye products and lip products. I usually say I dont have a lip balm if asked (unless they know I do)

redambition

Quote:

i can totally relate to that. i have used lip balm on my hands before when they were really red and dry. i had to use something and didn't have hand cream - if i don't pay attention to them when they get like that it turns into dermatitis.

OfficerJenny

i use my lip balm on my hands all the time XD

and Rosebud Salve is actually an all purpose balm, not just for the lips

alienman

I don't have friends
ssad.gif

HAHA j/k j/k omg i'm such a dork. None of my friends have asked to share, either, but I do like to experiment with them from time to time. I don't think it's a big deal for me as long as they don't rub the product with their finger and I'm using a clean brush each time.

QueenEmB

I share lipbalms and lipsticks with my girlfriends all the time! Infact we usually offer it around when we've applied it.

I really don't mind at all...and I've not been struck down with any illnesses.

QueenEmB

Quote:
"Yeah, like you want to put that on your face, hahaha!" And she replies, "What's wrong with that?" I just looked at her funny and handed her the hand cream and she actually put it on. Talk about gross.

I don't really see why that is gross at all?

Sure it's handcream and is formulated for hands but it's not going to hurt if you use it on the face in an emergency.

aleksis210

I only share with really close friends who actually know about makeup etiquette....as far as someone else I'd just say no ...lol

User93

yeah i share with Mom too, steal her stuff sometimes! But see, yeah it damn freak me out, but i dont really know what to say when someone just asks if i have a lipstick and they know i do. Or they see me putting on a lipglass and ask to borrow it.. It would be really rude to say "no". Idk, damn, i hate that!

Willa

I can share, but it depends who
I share my lipsyl with my man, but nobody else
I can do makeup with my stuff, but I sanitize everything after and try not to use lipsticks and gloss on other people. If the person REALLY want to, I apply some on my hand and then I apply it with my finger on her.

It's not a makeup story but I have to tell you this one :
I was at school with long time friends, and one new girl. We were all drinking our slush, and then she (the new girl) ask my friend if she could taster hers. She tasted, and gave it back. My friend, to tell a joke said : I hope you don't have any blister or something, and she said : Ho yeah sorry I had one yesterday

WTF????? And you drink other people things with no shame????

Ieww...
thmbdn.gif

Beauty Mark

I don't like sharing because of the germ factor. I don't know... I'm kind of picking in general about sharing. I hate when strangers ask to borrow my cell phone, too. I don't understand why people can't leave the house prepared. It's your damn fault if you can't remember to leave a tube of lip balm in your purse and it isn't my responsibility to make sure your eye makeup is perfect.

kimmy

i share with my best friend and my sister, and that's it. i'll take any germs they have because i know their hygiene practices and that they're both in good health. anyone else, i don't trust.

rbella

I share with my mom and my sister and my best friend. That is it!! If I sell or swap something it is either new or completely sanitized!!!

thelove4tequila

I'm a greedy makeup wench that doesn't share anything with anyone! Hahah. Not really. I rarely share with my mom and or sister-in-law but I don't have a problem with it occasionally. Mascaras are a definite no for me.

Latest posts