Hydraquench or Hydrationist?

Turpentine

Hi, I'm currently searching for a moisturizer for my dehydrated skin. For the past year I have noticed that my skin texture has become rather rough and bumpy. I'm not sure how to exactly describe my skin, my cheeks are on the drier side and for years I've had these tiny skin coloured bumps, but they are not really pimples and doesn't itch. My forhead and nose on the other side are somehow both dry and oily
th_confused_new.gif
After applying foundation it always look flaky but 1-2 hours later it starts to slide around and look shiny and oily.

I've always been using skincare targeted for dry skin but I believe I may instead have dehydrated skin with an oily yet dry t-zone. I have been looking into both Clarins Hydraquench Cream and Estee Lauder Hydrationist Cream but I'm still not sure which one I should buy? I would also love any other recommendations, thanks
smiles.gif

fieran

Maybe you have combination skin? Some dry spots, some oily spots?

I'd recommend the Hydraquench cream and a really good cleanser. Have you tried Origins Checks and Balances? It's very soothing and gentle on the skin - but it's great for people with combination skin.

I have combination skin and I use Checks and Balances with Hydraquench cream in winter, and the Hydraquench cooling creme gel in Summer.

If you have small bumps and you press them out, do you see white plugs? A good chemical exfoliant will definitely help - like something with AHA in it.

Good luck!

Turpentine

Thanks for the reply
smiles.gif

So I decided to try the Hydraquench cream for normal/dry skin and all I can say is WOW
th_e2cloud9.gif
Somehow it manages to balance the dry and oily parts of my skin without turning my face into a flaky oily mess. I also like the fact that it helps to reduce some of the redness on my cheeks as well as smoothing out my skin texture. Will definitely try the gel version during the summer months!

Still haven't found a cleanser that works for me but I will try the one from Origins once my current one runs out.
I do believe the tiny bumps I have are closed comedones. Just recently read that regular peels only exfoliates the top skin layer, so I will most definitely look into exfoliators containing AHA since they seem to be able to penetrate deeper into the skin.

Thanks!

Sophiaaa

Hi, you may try using FAB Ultra Repair Cream, it's very light, with a whipped texture sinks right into your skin, hydrating it without making you very oily.