I am not sure this is the right forum. Eyebrow threading ??

carolynanne

noob.gif

I have grown my eyebrows out so they can be reshaped. A new shop opened near me that does threading. I have always waxed.

which do you recommend?

My pic is in my profile for reference if needed.

TIA

fuzz

I would say threading.I waxed and threaded and i like threading much better and its wht iv been doin for years now.

ms_angry_nipple

I love threading. I go to Indian shops to get it done. $4-$6 for both eyebrows. She told me NOT to wax your eyebrows too often as it bruises that eye area and stretches the skin. She says the skin (especially upper eyelid area) can sag with all that ripping. Not to mention the skin on your face especially forehead and eye is delicate.

Thread hurts at first but i'm so used to it now..that i actually feel good during and after! it's addicting! Give it a try!

GlamYOURUs

Threading! It gives awesome results and after a while and certain age, the hair gradually stops growing. No scars, no burns, just perfect natural brows.

carolynanne

I dont know what I was thinking. . Today being Easter and all. I will be trying to make my way over there tomorrow, it will just be with the toddler in tow.

I am determined to get this done soon. I cant continue walking around looking like I have the early brooke sheilds brows.
blush-anim-cl.gif

kalikana

I recommend threading, even though I see you already made your decision.. xD

Anyway, I think it's a bit cheaper, and it doesn't cause pimples like waxing does (at least that's what my dermatologist told me).

carolynanne

I went today and I am in love. I had grown my brows out completely, so putting the arch back in was the only part that really hurt. The rest was just feeling and hearing the thread moving.

I have a very full face, and with waxing my brows just kept getting smaller and thinner. She did a kick ass job!

Forgive the completely bare face.
Before.
DSCN1598.jpg

After - I love that I left with minimal redness. Wax leaves me flaming red for a day.

DSCN1599.jpg

I want to thank everyone for their input. I saw that this was something that had been discussed before ( after the fact) and ya'll could have just told bme to do a search. Thanks for being gentle with me
noob.gif

Paramnesia

I really wanna find somewhere here that does threading. I hate my brows lol... though currently one is over plucked lol.

Brittni

I would like to find a place and try threading but I've only seen it in malls...NO WAY I would get it done in front of all those people LOL

There's a place that has great threading its called Zilba beauty. The one i go to is in Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga. It's eleven bucks they do an absolutely amazing job. I have very difficult brows they are thin to begin with and barely there with two different shapes, i never thought I could have pretty brows but they proved me wrong. It is a bit painful, especially the first time but you get totally addicted and after awhile it feels kinda good. More painful than waxing in my opinion, but so much more worth it! and cheaper.

carolynanne

Mine was done in the mall. Its the only place that offers it here. I waited for years to find someplace locally.

They are just starting to show signs of growing out now. So one month, not bad.

Stephie Baby

Hmmmm.... A MA recommended threading last week. I think I might try it next week. What does it feel like though? Is it like when you tweeze each hair? Would this work the best for giving me a more defined arch?

ashleydenise

i love threading! It's the only thing I've ever done. I'm afraid to move anywhere cause then who would do my brows! lol

Oh and i've noticed that the more I keep it up, the less it hurts lol

smellyocheese

i finally did it! i think mine turned out to be a little too thin but I'm satisfied. it'll look better after I've filled them in. Oh, and it didn't really hurt for me.

collage17.jpg

Nox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliCosmetics
There's a place that has great threading its called Zilba beauty. The one i go to is in Victoria Gardens in Rancho Cucamonga. It's eleven bucks they do an absolutely amazing job. I have very difficult brows they are thin to begin with and barely there with two different shapes, i never thought I could have pretty brows but they proved me wrong. It is a bit painful, especially the first time but you get totally addicted and after awhile it feels kinda good. More painful than waxing in my opinion, but so much more worth it! and cheaper.

Hey! I see you're in SoCal then! I would actually recommend going to Artesia (Little India Central!!!) There is a place every few feet that does excellent threading. I swear I've gone to so many of them, and I haven't encountered a bad one yet!
thmbup.gif

Latest posts