I am so upset.

NutMeg

So I talked to my mum this morning, and apparently my dog is getting put down today. I'm really upset, we got him when I was six. It's definitely not a surprise, he's 14 and an outdoor dog, and he's got really bad arthritis. But still, I live in another province and I'm not going to get to say goodbye. I saw him when I was home for Thanksgiving in October, and I did give him a special hug just in case, but I'm really really sad now.

nunu

I'm so sorry
ssad.gif
it must be so hard for you to let go off him after having him for so long.
th_hug.gif

abbey_08

awww im so sorry *hugs* i know how hard it is, my cat has cancer and prob wont live much longer and weve had her 15yrs. its very hard saying goodbye to family pets. they become part of the family and it does feel like you are losing a part of it. atleast you saw him in oct, not that its any consolation.
*hugs!!*

NutMeg

ssad.gif
My mum just called, and it's done. She stayed with him though, which is good. I'm going to go over to my friends' place, I need a hug.

nunu

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
ssad.gif
My mum just called, and it's done. She stayed with him though, which is good. I'm going to go over to my friends' place, I need a hug.

th_cheerup.gif

User93

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutMeg
ssad.gif

th_hug.gif
friends.gif
th_hug.gif
th_kiss.gif
We're with you Meg
th_hug.gif

Dr_Girlfriend

I'm really, really sorry hun. I wish I had the magic words to make it better. And as cliche as it sounds, puppy isn't suffering anymore.

th_hug.gif
HUGS!!

M.A.C. head.

ssad.gif
I'm really sorry hon.

I remember when we had to put my childhood dog down. She'd been in the family before ME. She was my bestie. It still remains one of the most emotional days of my life. But she was so old, and she was suffering daily, so I was glad that she wouldn't have to live in pain anymore. That was 8 years ago. I still have pictures of her up hehe

*hugs*

Hilly

I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! I am so glad tho that you had a beautiful life with your dog! Hugs to you !

christinakate

Im so sorry for your loss.
Ive been there before too, My dog King, who ive had since i was born was put down when he was 15. Was the worst. So i know what your going through. Be strong girl.

kimmy

aww, i'm sorry. i hate being in that situation, and i know there's no words that will really help so...
th_hug.gif

FiestyFemme

So sorry to hear about your loss!
I've lost 3 of my childhood pets that I literally grew up with, so I know it's like losing a member of the family.
My dog now is almost 10, and he's got bad arthritis too. If we didn't take care of him (meds and stuff), he wouldn't be here now.
It hurts me to even think about anything happening to him.
*hugs* to you!
th_cheerup.gif

Mabelle

oh, dear, im so so sorry. Loosing an beloved animal is heartbreaking. I'm sorry your family had to put him down. Take comfort in the fact that he lived a very long very full life. He could have ended up with any family in the world. People that abandon dogs. Put them down because thy're annoying. But he got you're family, and he was loved and respected and cared for for 14 years. I think that's a pretty great life to have. Plus he went painlessly, it's extremly humane (more humane than the way most people go). Still, i'm sorry for your loss. I dont know what i'll do when my cat (mojo) passes. I think i'll actually loose my mind.

..kels*

i'm so sorry for your loss. i know how you feel. we had to put down my puppy when i was younger. it was hard to deal with.
th_hug.gif

abbey_08

although it is no help take some comfort in the fact that he had a good life where he was loved and looked after.

Latest posts