I don't know what to buy

lovemetodeath

i have a major amount of stuff saved for later and i cannot afford it all. so do i go for the staples like my new 187, blush, basic everyday e/s or do i stuff it and go for the pretty chill stuff and manage without the basics until i can afford them again as they will always be available?

joey444

I would save for future collections, like HK or BBR. CHILL is ok but alot of the colors can be easily duped.

lovemetodeath

will go for some staples then, i'm definatly wanting HK, and to be fair i probably have piggie samples that are similar in colours to the chill e/s already. teh dame edna is not really appealing to me thank goodness even though i think the packaging is very pretty

now i just need to decide what staples i need

Vanilla_Mint

I would skip the Chill collection. The colors are not spectacular and are very dupeable. If you are looking for staples, you can't go wrong with a 187, 239 and 217/222/224 brush!! Also, if you have a freestanding/Pro store around you, you can buy the pan refills from the perm line (it'll save you money for BBR and HK!).

lovemetodeath

I'm going to get my 187 as i have wanted one of these for ages, i already have eye brushes, i'm also going to get my first MAC blush, and ablack fluidline (can't decide between blacktrack and blitx and glitz, i use graphic brown daily, but want a balck ofr going out which is why i was thinking blitz and glitz) then i'm going to get a few basic e/s and maybe viva glam v lipstick and lipglass

Swirlgirl

What you have listed is awesome - - I find that even with most MAC "basics" they are easily drama-ed up. And the 187 is just a plain and simple wonderful tool. New LE stuff comes and goes a lot - you'll never regret getting the day-to-day staples.

Also, I would get Blacktrack - I've never really found the gold in Blitz & Glitz to make a difference and Blacktrack is a classic.

lovemetodeath

I've always said i am not going to try and keep up with the collections because my budget doesn't allow it, so unless it is amazing i tend to just buy regualr stuff

okay my bag so far has

brush cleaner
blactrack fluidline
blushbaby blush
shroom e/s

and now i have no idea what else to get

i'm thinking of viva glam v but i have hug me and love nectar and not sure if they are much different. I also don't really NEED lippie's as i have loads and i have quite a few back 2 macs already to go so more e/s would mean i can get another lippie next time i go to a store

why does there have to be so much nice stuff to choose from

InRetospeck

Have you ever used the paints before? If not I would get one of them... I love Untitled and could not live without it. I also love Fast Response Eye Cream... it makes my concealer go on sooooo much smoother. I personally love Viva Glam V and you can not get it with your back to Mac. What e/s do you already have?

lovemetodeath

yeah i have tried the paints before and they really did nothing for me, i have got a couple of the ccb's which i prefer

i've got a thread in recommendations with my list of e/s in

sambibabe

How about paintpots? The things I use everyday are paintpots, Prep+Prime Lash, Dazzle Lash, Nylon e/s, Soft & Gentle MSF and Pink Opal pigments.

Swirlgirl

If you're still on the hunt for some great basics, I would recommend a MAC concealer. The Select Cover up is magic on under eye circles and the Studio Finish will cover anything.

As far as lippies go, I really like slimshines - 2 of my favorites are Gaily and Intimidate - and Bare is a great everyday colors that also looks great with a more dramatic eye too.

HTH! Let us know what you end up with!
yes.gif

lovemetodeath

okay so i ordered the following

brush cleaner
blacktrak fluidline
blushbaby blush
shroom e/s
patina e/s
all that glitters e/s
expensive pink e/s
amber lights e/s

i have quite a few darker e/s already but don't seem to have any nice neurtal day to day colours.

i'm going to have a trip to my counter at some point in the future and will get lipsticks/lipglass and concealer then when i can see the colours in real life

Shoegal-fr

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemetodeath
okay so i ordered the following

brush cleaner
blacktrak fluidline
blushbaby blush
shroom e/s
patina e/s
all that glitters e/s
expensive pink e/s
amber lights e/s

i have quite a few darker e/s already but don't seem to have any nice neurtal day to day colours.

i'm going to have a trip to my counter at some point in the future and will get lipsticks/lipglass and concealer then when i can see the colours in real life

Great choice! Enjoy your goodies!

Latest posts