I feel SO DUMB!

YvetteJeannine

Do I feel stupid.

I got an invite to the Antiquitease launch party at the MAC store last night. I brought my big sis (we had a wonderful time, btw...Yvonne (my sis) has never really bought MAC before, but I've bought her stuff, and given her some of my stuff, and now she loves MAC. She LOVED the party, and got made-up, and said "Well, Yvette, thanks for getting me addicted!")....

Anyway, when we got there I noticed the McQueen stuff up....Now, I'm sure many of you know of the late great action-movie star Steve McQueen...he's up there with The Duke, and Clint Eastwood..Well, since the collection came out, every time I see it, I think of him. So, the MAC FS is really small, and there were a lot of people, so the MA comes up to me and asks me if there's anything I'd like her to show me...So, idiot me says "Yeah...can you show me the Steve McQueen stuff?"
fool.gif
I didn't even realize what I'd said until she looked at me funny, and said "Huh?"
hmm.gif
. You'd think she would realize what I meant anyway, but she still had a funny look on her face...It was then I realized what I said, and must've turned scarlet
blush-anim-cl.gif
I said "Oh, no no...I mean Alexander McQueen...I keep thinking of Steve McQueen, the actor!"....She didn't laugh...she just looked at me like:huh2:, again. This girl was my age, but I guess she didn't know who I was talking about (he was a bit before our time). I guess it's an easy enough mistake to make, but I felt SO DUMB.

Later on, I was talking to another MA about the collection, and my sister told her what I'd said and she laughed and said she keeps making the same mistake too!!!! She was a lil' older (30-ish), so that's probably why she knows who he is....I felt a lil' better knowing I'm not the only one making that mistake, but man....you KNOW that M.A. was laughing about it with everyone after the party....
ohboy.gif
Well, at least Yvonne and I had a wonderful time...She must've had about four glasses of Champagne
tong.gif
SHE said she can't wait 'till the next party!!!!!!!!

CantAffordMAC

lol I don't know who he is, but then again I don't even know who Alexander McQueen is (gasp)
blush-anim-cl.gif
lol. But I say dumb things all the time. At least someone else understood you and could relate.

ms.marymac

Quote:
Originally Posted by YvetteJeannine
Do I feel stupid.

I got an invite to the Antiquitease launch party at the MAC store last night. I brought my big sis (we had a wonderful time, btw...Yvonne (my sis) has never really bought MAC before, but I've bought her stuff, and given her some of my stuff, and now she loves MAC. She LOVED the party, and got made-up, and said "Well, Yvette, thanks for getting me addicted!")....

Anyway, when we got there I noticed the McQueen stuff up....Now, I'm sure many of you know of the late great action-movie star Steve McQueen...he's up there with The Duke, and Clint Eastwood..Well, since the collection came out, every time I see it, I think of him. So, the MAC FS is really small, and there were a lot of people, so the MA comes up to me and asks me if there's anything I'd like her to show me...So, idiot me says "Yeah...can you show me the Steve McQueen stuff?"
fool.gif
I didn't even realize what I'd said until she looked at me funny, and said "Huh?"
hmm.gif
. You'd think she would realize what I meant anyway, but she still had a funny look on her face...It was then I realized what I said, and must've turned scarlet
blush-anim-cl.gif
I said "Oh, no no...I mean Alexander McQueen...I keep thinking of Steve McQueen, the actor!"....She didn't laugh...she just looked at me like:huh2:, again. This girl was my age, but I guess she didn't know who I was talking about (he was a bit before our time). I guess it's an easy enough mistake to make, but I felt SO DUMB.

Later on, I was talking to another MA about the collection, and my sister told her what I'd said and she laughed and said she keeps making the same mistake too!!!! She was a lil' older (30-ish), so that's probably why she knows who he is....I felt a lil' better knowing I'm not the only one making that mistake, but man....you KNOW that M.A. was laughing about it with everyone after the party....
ohboy.gif
Well, at least Yvonne and I had a wonderful time...She must've had about four glasses of Champagne
tong.gif
SHE said she can't wait 'till the next party!!!!!!!!

I doubt she laughed about it after the party, she might have felt silly for not knowing who Steve McQueen was, you never know. People (MAs included) mispronounce or say the wrong name of a collection all the time. If my counter had that collection, I would love it if someone said that! lol

gigglegirl

Don't worry about it girl. Seriously, every time I hear McQueen I also think of Steve McQueen--though I've never seen any of his movies, I just KNOW his name...and I'm only 23 (ok my b-day was yesterday and it feels weird to say I'm 23 now...JEEZ!) lol

MACATTAK

Don't worry about it...that's really minor! Like you mentioned, I think the word "McQueen," should have given her a hint
smiles.gif

SparklingWaves

It would have been funny if you acted like she was dumb for not know who Steve McQueen was. "Oh, I can't believe you don't know who I am talking about and actually this line (pointing at the McQueen line) was made after a movie made in the '60s. So, MAC is actually bringing back a 60s look. Don't you find it funny that we are actually emulating something from this time frame? Everything old is new again." Sigh.

Tee hee

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
It would have been funny if you acted like she was dumb for not know who Steve McQueen was. "Oh, I can't believe you don't know who I am talking about and actually this line (pointing at the McQueen line) was made after a movie made in the '60s. So, MAC is actually bringing back a 60s look. Don't you find it funny that we are actually emulating something from this time frame? Everything old is new again." Sigh.

Tee hee

That would'a been a good one!!!!!
smiles.gif
smiles.gif

girlsaidwhat

I have an /amazing/ pair of Alexander McQueen shoes. They are my favorite pair of shoes, out of /all/ my shoes.

I've actually been thinking of posting a thread and asking folks to do some stuff with eyes that they think will match the shoes. But I thought I'd post them here, for those of you who don't know Alexander McQueen at all. Maybe you'll at least remember these shoes!
smiles.gif

Here's a picture of my lovelies:
alexandermcqueens.jpg

komischkatze

I referred to it as the Steve McQueen collection for weeks when I first heard about it. You're not the only one! And I KNOW it's not Steve but... oh well.
tong.gif

YvetteJeannine

Quote:
Originally Posted by komischkatze
I referred to it as the Steve McQueen collection for weeks when I first heard about it. You're not the only one! And I KNOW it's not Steve but... oh well.
tong.gif

Haha! Thank you!!! At least now I know I'm not the only one making the mistake!!!

Actually, when I think about it in retrospect, it's really pretty funny
lmao.gif
!!!!! If the M.A. hadn't looked at me like I was an alien, I might have laughed about it right then and there!!!!
smiles.gif

Latest posts