embark
soft mate brown
mystery
haux
humid
gorgeous gold
bold and brazen
dream maker

and i have deep shadow paint and i have no idea what to put over it because its so dark!

hawaii02

Honeylust I wear with browns
Coppering I use as a liner with Swimming; or with Cranberry or Parfait Amour
Swimming on the lid with Passionate and Vanilla; also have worn Swimming with Goldmine, (or Gorgeous Gold) or Evening Aura

xllmodelcece

see i dont have any other colors but the ones i listed and i dont used them =( because the color combinations i try look horrible!

xllmodelcece

yeah i looked at that site and the bold and brazen one works for me because i have all 3 of those colors lol..

hawaii02

Oh okay, I thought about it after I posted!

Honeylust and Embark?
Swimming and Gorgeous Gold

I've worn Bold and Brazen with Swimming too...

xllmodelcece

lol yeah see im horrible! i want it to look cute like a certain on the inner and in the crease and outter idk i hate makeup!

hawaii02

Don't look at that way..it's supposed to be fun!! And takes practice
smiles.gif

xllmodelcece

yeah it does, but its like ughh i wana make it look so good but when i put them on i cant get them to blend right and its annnoying! i love wearing it but idk i need practice.. and i bought so many colors yet they dont go together lol

jollystuikie

i have the same problem.
Sometimes it makes me so sad.

I have soo much eyeshadows and somethimes i think i put it all in the container.ggrrr

But here on this site the people are very helpfull.
Soo i practice and practice.

xllmodelcece

yeah im trying.. idk.. its like people on here have so many more colors then me and can make combiniations but i feel like i have enough just none that go together.. idk how to blend =[ i even bought an extra blending brush and it still looks horrible

jdechant

Quote:
so fig 1 has nothing to go with it! lol sorry guys im a pain in the butt

I am actually wearing fig. 1 in my crease right now with amber lights on my lid..i think it goes together pretty nicely..

jdechant

Quote:
Originally Posted by xllmodelcece
yeah im trying.. idk.. its like people on here have so many more colors then me and can make combiniations but i feel like i have enough just none that go together.. idk how to blend =[ i even bought an extra blending brush and it still looks horrible

Lol...don't stress about it!! You'll get it right..practice makes perfect! trust me, I am not great at my eyes, but by practicing everyday, I know that I'm slowly getting better..watch tutorials on youtube..that helps when you can see them apply the makeup..and if you are worried about your eye colors, just use single lid colors for now..you don't have to do a bunch of blending right away...keep notes of which shadows people recommend for certain colors that you have and then slowly build up your collection..there was a time not that long ago that I felt that I had bought a bunch of colors that didn't compliment each other...thats when I started to look for those staple colors that go with alot of different shadows.

xllmodelcece

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdechant
I am actually wearing fig. 1 in my crease right now with amber lights on my lid..i think it goes together pretty nicely..

lol i dont have amberlights, i almost bought it saturday too!

carandru

I would suggest getting a color wheel, you can pick one up for like $3 at any craft store. Just look in the aisle w/ the artist paints. You can look at videos on youtube or google color theory. But basically, any color directly across from each other on the color wheel go well together. Any colors directly besides the color directly across from the first color (hope that made sense) go well together as well. Any colors in the same color family should go well together.

YouTube - Color Theory Part 1

Also, when you look at FOTDs or where ever for inspiration, remember that color look differently on different people. So, try to pick colors that you already own that look that way on YOU. It doesn't necessarily have to be the same color.

Just remember to have fun with it and practice, practice, practice.

Sorry that I don't have specific color combos, hope what I said helps!

ohnna-lee

My advice is go on YouTube and watch tutorials, you can do searches even with the shades you have and get ideas. But more importantly you will learn and pick up different techniques in blending which is what pulls together any look. Always remember when you place a color to your lid it will be the darkest so try to place it where you can work with it the easiest (usually the crease). Then blend it out, always start with less then more because you can always build on it but it is difficult to remove. Blend a little then back away from the mirror to get a better idea, it's kind of like tweezing brows, if you get all up in the mirror you don't realize the whole effect and when you are done and back away from the mirror it is totally different from what you see up close. Try not too blend too much because then the colors will tend to get muddy. I'm sure you have a lot of different options, that site posted above is my go to guide, or the one I post when girls are in need of change. I keep it in my favorites
yes.gif

Good luck and practice makes perfect.

Mabelle

honey lust with; sumptous olive, embark. retrospeck. soft mate brown. coppering, bold an brazen. haux

trax withfig1. or goregous gold, mystery(?).

phloof depending on your skin tone can be a highlight.

retro-speck with honeylust. sumptouse olive, humid. embark. soft matte brown. coppering. fig1. bold and brazen. mystery. haux. gorgeous gold

sumptous olive; retrospeck. embark. softe matte brown. honeylust. humid mystery gorgeous gold
coppering; honeylust. retrospeck. embark. soft mate brown. mystery. gorgeous gold.
fig 1. honeylust. trax. retrospeck. mystery. embark. soft mate brown. haux. gorgeous gold

embark.... pretty much any color ever.
soft mate brown pretty much all of them

well you get the idea by now

Latest posts