I need feedback, roommate troubles

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkie
Well that ^^ was an example of course. I realize 4 girls sharing a bathroom would require more cleaning hahaha. Thats gross.

I dunno, I would try more to keep the comments to myself. Her running and crying in the bathroom could've been avoided. I realize you're in a shitty mood, but you didn't have to say it that way even though you're 100% right for feeling that way, especially when it seems like these girls are just looking for excuses to get you into trouble.

And "please don't fuck me up"? Omg :S - so you're coming across as violent now to her? Ahhhhh! That's getting a little out of hand, especially if you aren't. Does she even have any reason to think you'd get physical about this? Or am I reading this wrong?

No, not at all. They're just scared of most Black people.
th_confused_new.gif

Boasorte

Just wanted to post an update.
First, thanks everyone for your input , it really means a lot to me.

I've had some time to calm down, and think about what everyone wrote in this thread, and I've came to the conclusion, that I am going to find a temp job for the weekends, or as my job for weekend hours, so I can save to move out.

For now, I am giving my roommates (except for the one on vacation) the silent treatment, and speaking only when I have to (Good morning/night, how are you, blah blah)

Hopefully I'll save enough money by September to move out!

InspiredBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsWestchesterNY
No, not at all. They're just scared of most Black people.
th_confused_new.gif

I was wondering if this had a racial undertone, and clearly it does. I get the feeling you are getting labeled as "the angry black woman" here.

I wish I had any advice, but really, like others have said I guess you just need to find a way to handle it while looking for a new place to stay. I hope it works out for you.
th_hug.gif

Boasorte

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredBlue
I was wondering if this had a racial undertone, and clearly it does. I get the feeling you are getting labeled as "the angry black woman" here.

I wish I had any advice, but really, like others have said I guess you just need to find a way to handle it while looking for a new place to stay. I hope it works out for you.
th_hug.gif

Pretty much! I don't like bringing race into it, but after speaking with my friends and other people about it, I think that's one of the factors. The main roommate who did the complaining is biased towards Black Americans but I try not to think that has anything to do with it. But you never know.

My other roommate just came back from Asia today, and I showed her the emails and told her the story. She's just basically shaking her head and laughing at our other two roommates, because she knows how ridiculous they are.

The silent treatment continues though
smiles.gif

user79

Honestly? These are grown ass women! If they are slobs now, they won't change. Move in with roomates who put cleanliness as high on the list as you do. It's the only way.

Slobs will stay slobs.

Boasorte

Bumping for an update: The cleaning has gotten just a teeny better. But the roommate who caused most of the trouble is being very childish. I come home this evening to be informed by another roommate ( the only one I really talk to) that my roommate is talking s*** about me on Facebook.
I was unaware of this so I go on FB, she deleted me.

So I checked my roommates FB and she's making comments towards my weight, saying " I should hide the Cheezits where she can't reach it" and "My roommate took her pots, but she's the only one using my microwave"

( I took my pots in my room because my roommates kept scratching them (they're non stick pans!, don't clean them properly, and always left them out on the stove. Did not do this to be petty, did it because they were fucking up my pans) Not to mention I'm the only one who cleans her microwave.

I've honestly never met someone like this before, and the worse thing is, I can't do a damn thing about it since I'm already on the verge on being kicked out.

Why me!!

MzzRach

Is finding another place with other people an option? It seems like this situation is not getting much better for you.

I hope things improve for you soon.

hello_my_apple

how's the luck on looking for another job? i had a roomate that was nasty like that, she used to go around saying how hair was her pet peeve, but YET she would leave her hair all around the place ...

Latest posts