I need to loose 30 pounds.

Okami08

I wish I could join you! I've been wanting to take up pole dancing so much, but I don't know of anywhere to do it around here, and the one person who would go with me is over an hour and a half away.
cry.gif

Boasorte

I think with most people dealing with weight lost, a support system is greatly needed. I don't have many friends, and the few that I do, are all way slimmer than me, like size 3-8 and they are the laziest people in the tri-state area I swear!
a couple laugh when I tell them I'm going out for a power walk, my family calls me fatty, and it's hard when no one is supporting you.
But what Tish said ...diet effort into body...as much as *insert obession here* really hit me
As a matter of fact, it's 7:42 pm, I'm getting off the computer for a nice walk, I will be back in an hour!!!!

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
I agree, protein drinks are AWESOME. I like making things in the blender, it makes me happy, I feel like I'm part of one of those magic bullet commercials.

I need to buy some protein, and also that vegetable powder stuff, that has a few servings of vegetables and you drink it with a big glass of juice or milk or water.

I actually switched off protein shakes to Shakeology (Shakeology THE HEALTHIEST MEAL OF THE DAY). Works out to $4 per meal, and unlike a protein shake, it is a full meal replacement drink (including veggies, greens, probiotics and 70 ingredients in total.)

I like the greenberry (a friend swears by the chocolate); I have it with a banana, pineapple juice and coconut milk. LOVE it... I would drink it all day if I could.

I personal swear by working out smarter, not longer. I lift heavy (relatively speaking) and utilize tabata (google: tabata protocol or put in tabata on youtube for visual examples) for much of my training.

As an aside, I work at a bank by day, but am a trained personal trainer, Kinesis Master Trainer and group fitness instructor (including Turbo Kick, yoga and pilates).

christineeee_

no offense taken ladies. coming home from school doesn't help with me being tired either..but since i'm done now i have no excuse!

i used to be a size 2 or 3, and now i think i'm a size 5 (in pants). i would love to lose 15 lbs within the next month and a half.

i'm going to do HIIT on the treadmill tmrw morning before breakfast. once i lose some weight, i'm going to start doing pilates again. i should also start using my billy blanks tae bo dvds and start working out to that ;p

TISH1124

^^ Size 5 you are perfect girl!!! But we all know what size we like to be..I am a 6 missy or 7 junior

I used to be a size 10...needing almost a 12

blindpassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by COBI
I actually switched off protein shakes to Shakeology (Shakeology THE HEALTHIEST MEAL OF THE DAY). Works out to $4 per meal, and unlike a protein shake, it is a full meal replacement drink (including veggies, greens, probiotics and 70 ingredients in total.)

I like the greenberry (a friend swears by the chocolate); I have it with a banana, pineapple juice and coconut milk. LOVE it... I would drink it all day if I could.

I personal swear by working out smarter, not longer. I lift heavy (relatively speaking) and utilize tabata (google: tabata protocol or put in tabata on youtube for visual examples) for much of my training.

As an aside, I work at a bank by day, but am a trained personal trainer, Kinesis Master Trainer and group fitness instructor (including Turbo Kick, yoga and pilates).

Do you just use these for lunch, or more then one meal? Excuse my ignorance I just know nothing about this certain shake
smiles.gif

SuSana

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I believe in Weight watchers...they really teach you portion control...My Mom lost 60 lbs in a year doing WW...so I try to peep in the books all the time. My dh hates that I take them with me everytime we go out to eat...lol

Me too! In 13 weeks I've lost 31 pounds. I love love love Weight Watchers. What I noticed is that once I started losing is when I started being really motivated to be more active. I don't go to the gym yet because for now I have plenty of things I can do at home. I do wii fit, walk & elliptical. It's good enough for now.

Move more, eat less. That pretty much sums it up
smiles.gif

CherryAcid

I would love a cross trainer! I do have a dance pole and used to be quite skilled at it, even flipping upside down, but i havent put it up in months. I moved back home after uni to save money and the living room is the only place to put it up space wise. There is always someone sat in there and i cant be doing my sexy twirls in front of my parents lol
I was on a late shift at work and was super bored and ate half a bag of peanut m&ms
ssad.gif
Rather than give up, im thinking today is another day.
Had my bran flake and smoothie,will have corned beef on rye for lunch and chicken and veg for dinner. I have these lovely tiny clementines that i will eat if i need a snack. Lots and lots of water. The weather here has turned nasty with rain and wind. I dont want it to put me off going for my run later thou
smiles.gif

Support is important, ive told my sister im trying to lose weight and she said she would take running with me but she is so lazy(and thin, tho she says shes fat) that she can never be bothered to go with me. Whenever we do something active she always complains that shes tired after 5 mins. I have so much more stamina than her and im the bigger one lol
I dont really wanna tell too many people in case i fail at it. I know its no good thinking about failing but id feel embarassed if i were to fail after telling everyone im serious about it.
And i agree about sugarfree gum being a great way to stop cravings!

COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Do you just use these for lunch, or more then one meal? Excuse my ignorance I just know nothing about this certain shake
smiles.gif

No problem; it's fairly new. I think it was originally released in February or March for the first time.

I have one for breakfast typically. Sometimes, I'll have a one for dinner, too; depends how late I am getting home. If it's later, I prefer another drink to a full-scale dinner, especially in the summer when it's hot.

Here's a comparative (provided by BB):
shakeologycomparative.jpg

In the interest of full disclosure, I became a Beachbody Coach so that I could buy it for 25% off the retail cost. But the only reason I did that is because I like it so much. And in general, I hate these types of drinks.

COBI

Quote:
Move more, eat less.

My advice is slightly different: Move more, eat cleaner.

It's not uncommon for people trying to lose weight to not eat enough; works in the beginning, but you'll plateau faster and gain it back if you don't change your eating for life to be cleaner choices.

If you eat cleaner (less processed, more natural), you can typically eat more food.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryAcid
I would love a cross trainer! I do have a dance pole and used to be quite skilled at it, even flipping upside down, but i havent put it up in months. I moved back home after uni to save money and the living room is the only place to put it up space wise. There is always someone sat in there and i cant be doing my sexy twirls in front of my parents lol
I was on a late shift at work and was super bored and ate half a bag of peanut m&ms
ssad.gif
Rather than give up, im thinking today is another day.
Had my bran flake and smoothie,will have corned beef on rye for lunch and chicken and veg for dinner. I have these lovely tiny clementines that i will eat if i need a snack. Lots and lots of water. The weather here has turned nasty with rain and wind. I dont want it to put me off going for my run later thou
smiles.gif

Support is important, ive told my sister im trying to lose weight and she said she would take running with me but she is so lazy(and thin, tho she says shes fat) that she can never be bothered to go with me. Whenever we do something active she always complains that shes tired after 5 mins. I have so much more stamina than her and im the bigger one lol
I dont really wanna tell too many people in case i fail at it. I know its no good thinking about failing but id feel embarassed if i were to fail after telling everyone im serious about it.
And i agree about sugarfree gum being a great way to stop cravings!

Ahhh you wont fail...I am sure you will do fine as long as you set realistic goals for yourself!! Good luck with it all....One day at a time....you will get there

blindpassion

Just a quick update for anyone whose wanting support:

I weighed myself today for the first time in years. I needed to know where my starting point was so I could make a goal for myself. I thought I was close to 200 pounds, turns out I'm only 183! It really shows you how sometimes the way we look at our bodys is not in the clearest light.

This makes the 150 I get too seem so much more attainable. I wanted to loose 30 pounds, and turns out that 33 pounds will get me to 150. So theres my goal
smiles.gif

Tish wanted me to let everyone know what I was eating, so here it is. I didn't eat for a couple days (thats VERY unlike me lol, obviously) due to the breakup with my boyfriend. But I spent time with friends last night and I feel much better.
Tuesday:
I had 2/3rds of an Elevate Me! Bar, which my personal trainer Kyla recommended to me for in between meals as a snack, or a meal replacement if I'm out and about.

Then for dinner I ate a small piece of sauteed salmon, steamed broccoli, and 1/4 cup of brown rice with 1 teaspoon of franks red hot on top).

Also, yesterday I drank eight bottles of water
smiles.gif

The mornings are hard for me due to the breakup, so far today I have only had the other third of yesterdays Elevate Me! bar, but its still a start. Also I've already had two bottles of water this morning (its 10:30 where I live). I'm going to have some fruit and some egg whites on brown bread before I go work out.

I'm seeing my personal trainer today and we are going to start working out two times a week for a month, and then hopefully I can be a big birdy and jump from the nest and do it on my own
smiles.gif

Thanks for all the support and well wishes.

OH and another tip for anyone following this, I'm cutting all calories from drinks. Except water, milk, and the occasional 100% juice, I will not be drinking anything caloric.

Sexycocolatte

i think i don't eat enough. either im not hungury or if im hungry its not i need to eat right now hungry. and i recently cut out carbs ( i love pasta and french fries) im a bartender and i cut out some alcohol to. but my weight just goes up and down. i drink a hell of a lot of water an tinkle all day long. i would like constant weight lost. any suggestions?

TISH1124

^^ yes sadly....you have to eat to loose....It speeds up your metabolism....Just do the small meals...it is basically tricking the mind and tummy....If it knows the food will keep coming it will not store the fat so easily...if it thinks this may be my last meal for a while it holds onto it...

blindpassion

For lunch today I had a banana, and a piece of whole wheat (should this be whole grain?) with 3 tbps of organic egg whites ontop (which is what the package says is the suggestie serving).

And more water haha.

blindpassion

So, for dinnner I have vegetarian chilli
smiles.gif
One of my favorite meals.
Equal parts tomato, onion, peppers, celery, corn, kidney beans, carrots,

and a little bit of garlic and a few other spices.

Latest posts