I want to wean my friend off of Carmex...recs please

elektra513

Hey y'all!

My friend has been complaining about her addiction to carmex, and wants to try a new lip balm, but she has very sensitive skin so she cannot use just anything.

Any recs on what I can get for her??

Note: She cannot use anything in a petroleum base (she's allergic), and she prefers tins or chapstick-style packaging. Also if you can rec anything tinted, that's cool too (she can't wear most lipsticks/glosses so I'd like for this to be a viable option if possible).

I bought her the Jack Black SPF balm but she said that every kind she's used with that style packaging (the slanted lip tip kind) breaks her out
th_dunno.gif
(and after she mentioned that, I noticed I started breaking out around my mouth after a few days of using the one I bought for myself...I digress...)

Thanks so much in advance
smiles.gif

hrdruian

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsuga lady
Have her try Burt's Bees Beeswax lip balm. They have other lip balms and products too.

yeah, i like the pomegranet one. i found that it lasts longer on your lips than the original kind.

SkylarV217

i don't know is she could wear it but beauticontrol has this amazing lipgloss in a margarita scent . Its amazing and makes your lips so soft and smells crazy good some how just like a slaty margarita Yummy !

Kuuipo

Pure Lanolin. The purest-the kind for mother's nipples to keep them from cracking, and its so pure the baby can eat it, and its ok. I use Lanisoh brand creme on my lips when I sleep. Its very, very good. The rest of the time I use Fusion brand lip gloss, it has microencapsulated collagen and it moisturizes and plumps the lips.

pratbc

I absolutely LOVE Burt Bee's balm. I have uber-sensitive skin and have never had a problem. It's just so moisturizing and refreshing to me. Plus its pretty cheap! HTH

elektra513

Yeah, this is great, I want to buy tons of it for her now. I went to the website, and it comes in tubes and tins...Thanks y'all
greengrin.gif

chocokitty

Burt's Bees will be a good one to ween her off if she likes the tingly feeling.

The best lip balm is Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment. You can find it at Sephora.

persephonewillo

homemade lipbalms are the BOMB! i've purchased a few from Etsy.com. but then we started making our own. very easy and affordable to make, chemical free and you can add your own colouring if you're so inclined
smiles.gif

Latest posts