If you have a pre-made MAC quad can you remove the shadows?

cocodivatime

Sorry if this is a silly question....I'm a newbie. But i was thinking of purchasing a quad that has two really neutral shadows in it. I know that would wear these colors often so I would prefer to put it in my 15 palette for quick access.

Can you remove them? I have a pre-made quad and tried to pull the shadows out but they seemed to be glued. i didnt want to try hard for fear of damaging them.

thanks for your help.

Sanayhs

I haven't bought a premade quad yet, but I would probably drip rubbing alcohol down into it to loosen the glue so I could pry out the colours.

glam8babe

i usually stick something thin but sharp around and lift it out slowly... it doesnt take alot of hard work.. ive even done it with my nails before

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsperry
I use Lara's method:
MAC Cosmetics Resource - depanning MAC eyeshadow quads

It's very easy.

HTH

thanks. I see now. i was wondering if there was a magnet behind there...but now i know its not.
smiles.gif

panda0410

No magnet, but if you dont damage the metal that the pan is stuck to in the base of the palette you can actually keep the empty palette as a 4 pan palette - pro pans and magent fixed depots work in them just as well, just replace the cover into the palette after you have removed the pans. Sometimes its easier to take along a 4 palette than hauling along a 15 palette, especially if you know you arent going to be needing so many colours
winks.gif

cocodivatime

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
No magnet, but if you dont damage the metal that the pan is stuck to in the base of the palette you can actually keep the empty palette as a 4 pan palette - pro pans and magent fixed depots work in them just as well, just replace the cover into the palette after you have removed the pans. Sometimes its easier to take along a 4 palette than hauling along a 15 palette, especially if you know you arent going to be needing so many colours
winks.gif

thanks

Meryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda0410
winks.gif

Exactly! I transfer the colours I want (there's always a dud in the quads) to my larger palette and keep the original pre-made palette (now empty) to fill later when I need to.

Latest posts