I'm actually getting scared-- Long vent, sorry

eastsidesunset

My boyfriend- bless his heart- has always been known to overreact. I've known this for years, and I've put up with more than I probably should have.

But today was different. He's been having problems at work, and has been looking for a new job for a while. He applied for one within the company he works for currently (at a different store), and told his assistant manager about it. She told him she would put in a good word for him. Well, the next day (today) he was late to work, but called in and explained. Everything was fine for a few hours and then he got sent home, being told he was now under review. He called me a quarter to one and just went off, talking sh-t about minorities *and hey, I'm one*, saying he was going to beat everyone up, threatening everyone at work, and then turned on me. He was yelling so much I hung up, but he kept calling. He called me a bitch, I hung up. He calls back and says "I'm sorry, I lost my temper, but you're a *^%#( bitch", I hang up again. 10 calls in less than 15 minutes! I just ignored them or hung up on him, thinking he would get the message.

Then he emails me. And IM's me. Just a string of curses and anger. I ignored it for the most part, and was sure not to say anything that might really set him off (at this point, I was getting scared he might actually come to my house). He calls later, same yelling thing. I told him I could not talk to him like that, and hung up. I tried to explain to him that his behavior was not acceptable, and that he shouldn't be treating me like that, but he basically said he had every right to. Few hours pass, another phone call, I tell him I won't talk to him and hang up. Fast forward-- He calls my cell (which was in another room) nine times in eight minutes and leaves four voicemails, each one angrier than the next. Then he calls my house phone and pulls the "Why didn't you pick up" crap (at this point I didn't know he'd called my cell so many times). I told him I wasn't feeling well and was making dinner, I couldn't talk. He launches into his "you have no job you sleep all day you're worthless" speech for what seems like the 100th time in less than nine hours. He yells for a few minutes while I said nothing, and I just hung up.

At this point I'm terrified this is going to go on all night. He just won't stop calling, he won't leave me alone. So far today I've been told I'm a bitch and a c*nt, that I cheat on him, and I'll never get a job unless I have sex with someone, I'm too stupid to exist, and god knows what else, and I do not want to see or speak to him again. My stepdad is a detective with the PD here, and I'm seriously giving thought to calling him. I've already told my father (who I live with) that I will not take a call from him,that he's just to hang up. I just don't know what to do.

Sorry for the novel, just needed to vent big time.

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by .k.
call the stepdad

I called my mom to and she said he was working tonight, but that he would call me as soon as he can. The funny thing is that the boyfriend's dad is an ex-cop, and I was tempted to call him to ask him to put his son in check (he lives at home with his parents), but I figured that boyfriend would get to the phone first. I think I'll have my stepdad call for me.

SparklingWaves

I wouldn't call his father. Your stepfather might be able to lead you in the right direction. If you don't get a response soon, I would call the police and ask them what to do. He isn't acting rational and being very abusive. I would feel very threatened as well.

I am so sorry this is happening.

gigglegirl

seriously I think you're doing well by ignoring him and you should NOT have to take crap like that. You'd think after the first or second time you hung up b/c of the expletives and things he was saying he would take a step back and realize he's being a fool to his girlfriend. Not good. But I think the police thing could be okay, because that much contact through so many venues and he's still not calmed down, sounds like he is seriously agitated and you need to make sure you and your family are not going to be in any harm.

So from what I understand, he basically doesn't like his current job, applied for a different one in the same company, gets put under review due to being late or a combo of things and then just flips out?? That doesn't seem a huge thing to freak out over, maybe they should be putting him under review if he acts to potentially negative work related things in this way.

Please stay safe!

FullWroth

Wow, geeze. Good on you for ignoring the calls and not just putting up with them. It's one thing to have a short temper, I've got one too and the people who love me put up with it, bless 'em, but there's a difference between venting irrationally about the thing that's got you upset and unloading horrible words like that on people you love (well, and on minorities, but that's a secondary issue in this case).

That's crazy Don't put up with a boyfriend who says things like that to you when he's not even mad at you but at something completely different (I could at least understand if you two were having a fight and it was heat of the moment and he regretted saying it immediately afterwards, but when he's mad about his JOB and taking it out on you for hours on end? That's shades of abusive right there.). It shows just how much he cares about and respects you. If you do end up giving him another chance, make damn sure he never speaks to you that way again.

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingWaves
I wouldn't call his father. Your stepfather might be able to lead you in the right direction. If you don't get a response soon, I would call the police and ask them what to do. He isn't acting rational and being very abusive. I would feel very threatened as well.

I am so sorry this is happening.

My mom told me that if it keeps up that she'll help take care of it, and that they want me to stay as far away as possible from him for the time being. It doesn't help matters when I'm fighting some sort of sinus infection/flu combo.

CantAffordMAC

does he have problems? His behavior does not seem normal. I don't think you should put up with this, you seemed to have handled it well. I would sit him down and let him know that it won't be tolerated anymore and that if it happens again then you aren't dealing with it.

th_hug.gif
I wish you well

eastsidesunset

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantAffordMAC
does he have problems? His behavior does not seem normal. I don't think you should put up with this, you seemed to have handled it well. I would sit him down and let him know that it won't be tolerated anymore and that if it happens again then you aren't dealing with it.

th_hug.gif
I wish you well

Thanks girly. I've been saying forever and a day there's something wrong with that boy. At this point the best way to say I won't take it anymore is to not talk to him.

silentkite

Good on you for hanging up on him and telling him he can't speak to you like that. I'm sorry you've had to hear so many horrible things said about you, all in one day.

His reaction doesn't seem to be at all in proportion to what happened, it sounds like he has other issues going on.

I really hope he leaves you alone soon. Get someone else to answer the phone if you have to, telling him to seriously back off. Stay safe.

girlsaidwhat

It's clear he's got control issues. He feels out of control with the situation at work, so he's turned and now is trying to control YOU, the one thing he figured he could.

Good for you for not talking to him. Seriously...this is a HUGE flag. Someone that out of control with his emotions and anger that he treats you that abominably....your brain should be beeping "danger! danger! danger!"

Please be done with him, for your own safety and future happiness. And yes, I'm speaking from unfortunate experience.

adela88

i put up with that shit from my ex. get out now; serously.
itll get worse,maybe not straight away but it will eventually.

eastsidesunset

Yes, he's obviously got some issues. I figured that he kept calling me because he had no one else he could yell at like that (not that it's right, it isn't), but it makes me so angry to know his entire family was home when this was happening and no one did anything. He called me again sometime late last night after I had turned my phone off and apologized on my voicemail, then called me twice this morning to talk but didn't apologize or anything, just acted like nothing happened. Like, he actually thought I would come over and visit him today!! Oh the outrage!

Thanks for the advice ladies, I appreciate it. I so needed someone to tell me I wasn't being silly for thinking he was nuts.

mindlessgapgirl

This situation sounds scary. My ex used to get angry and tell me how worthless/fat/ugly I was, that I'd never go anywhere in life, etc...And only once we broke up did I realize how verbally and emotionally abusive he was...Don't go back to this guy - it will just lead to more and more problems for you...and you'll always be on edge, wondering if he's going to do it again.
ssad.gif

xIxSkyDancerxIx

^^ Agree! My ex was emotionally and physically abusive and it never gets better, just gets worse and worse.

I would just ignore his calls, not listen to his messages, delete the emails, and cuddle up in a blanket and drink some nice hot soup. You're not feeling well so you should be taking care of you first! What he's doing is only going to stress you out more and prolong your sickness, so concentrate on getting better and let your stepdad take care of him

Willa

Girl
My advice is :

Get away from that boy as quick as you can!
Nobody deserve to be treated like that.
He has no right to yell at you

My ex did that one time and the next day I left him.
I just didnt want to be involve in that kind of complicated relationship.

Basically, we were supposed to see each other, but since he lived 1h away (in bus) he told me he would be at my parent's place around 7pm. Since it was about 6pm and I didnt had any news if he was coming or not, I called and he answered. He then told me that I was disturbing his routine (washing, shaving...) and because of that he would take 2 more hours to come (wtf???, I just wanted to know if he was coming!).

I called back at 7pm and he was asleep!!!
I told him that I would be with my friends, and then he started with the fact that he didnt want me to be with anyone. I then told him : yeah ok, then stay at your place, do your stupid washing routine and go play with your friends instead, I am going with my friends.

He called me about 15 times on my pager, leaving angry messages, I was a whore, a bitch, then he would call back to tell he was sorry and such and such. I called him saying I didnt want to see him for a few days, he hung up. Around 11pm I called my father to tell him about my plans for the night and he told me that my bf was in my bedroom waiting for me for about an hour...

I finally came back around 3am, and he yelled at me. I told him to shut up or leave. The next day he insulted me, and I yelled so much that my father had to come and get him out the house. He called and called, left suicide messages, saying he would kill himself in front of our house and such. I didnt reply and he stoped 1 week after.

nonono.gif

matsubie

hang in there.

yeah, hopefully he's not the physically abusive type but stay near family/friends...try not to be alone for a bit...

you should not have to feel threatened like this. i'm sorry dear.

braidey

Stay away from him and let your family and friends know what it is going on.
You never know when and if he is going to snap.

Stay safe

BonnieBabe<3

ohh no hunny that is NOT normal! you should NOT put up with a man who brings you down like that! call your stepdad & tell him he is psycho! because him yelling at you like that is psycho! i'm sorry to be so.. ugh.. about it but i just hate that a woman should put up with something like that.. you don't deserve to be his punching bag. what he goes thru is NOT your fault.

Latest posts