I'm cheating on Specktra...

jenee.sum

...with SCHOOL
ssad.gif

Back in May, I started my year long accelerated program for E.C.E (don't ask why it started in may), and it became SO hectic I had to abandon specktra for an entire month! Like 99.9999% of you, specktra was the place for serious procrastination and slacking off for me LOL, but when May hit, BAM!
nonono.gif
, i had to cut cold turkey. NOT FUN.

I swear i had no idea what i was signing up for. I did 4 yrs of university, so i'm like "ohhh, it won't be that bad, cuz it's only college. c'mon, if i can do 4 yrs of university, i can do 1 yr of college."
boy was i wrong.
for the entire month of may, i got 4-6 hrs of sleep 7 days a week and was totally MIA with my friends. when the weekend rolled around, i woke up early to do hwk b4 heading to work. not to mention my work shift ends at 12 midnight. so i'd get home, and do some hwk till 3am. not ONE day did i get to sleep in. not even to get an 8 hr sleep.
getyou.gif
i guess that's what i get for signing up for an accelerated program. >.<

So when June hit, i was off for summer break for 3 months. and im like YESSSSS back to having a life! but i was too scared to come back on to specktra. well ok i lie, i came on, but i had to scrowl really fast past the FOTD forum LOL so i won't get sucked into lookin at FOTDs again and wanting to post some. so i'd basically just go look at the chatter forums just to kill some time and i'd give thanks here and there to members for their posts. i didn't wanna get hooked with FOTDs again. it'd be too hard to break away from it again once september hits. LOL

i totally miss specktra.

i did click on the FOTD forum a few times, and i felt like such a loser cuz there are sooo many new members now! lol i have nooo idea who they are! im like "WHOAAA, i guess i REALLY haven't been around lately!" haha and i don't have the patience to go thru all the of new FOTDs to catch up with them...so i just looked at a few and quickly got outta there before i dug myself in too deep to get back out!

so school starts in less than a week....im gunna cry.

anyways, specktra, just wanna let u know i still care about u. LOL and to those who still remember me lol, i miss u too. trust me specktra, if school didn't take my money, i wouldn't cheat on u!

I'LL BE BACK.... (say it with an arnold schwarzenegger accent) lol

until then, i'll just be a lurker
sneaky.gif
...haha

crybaby.gif

redambition

it's not cheating... your education is important!

best of luck getting through your course with flying colours - we'll be waiting on the other end
winks.gif

jenee.sum

thx hun!

hopefully i'll make specktra proud by bringing home all A's again this semester!
thmbup.gif

at least i still get to do nice makeup when i go to work! or else my makeup skills would go down the drain from lack of practice!
tong.gif

NicksWifey

LOL when I was first read the title I was thinking "How could you?!" Hehe
winks.gif

Your education is the most important thing. Of course we will miss you, but you will come back a learned woman!

See you soon!

MzzRach

That is a hardcore schedule! Bravo to you for plowing through and focusing on your education. It is so worth it! Best of luck to you.

no worries - Specktra is not going anywhere!

duckduck

Wow - good for you making it through all of that! When school gets crazy I tend to lurk too - it's just a good way to take a brain break during the day
smiles.gif
I hope your semester goes well, and we'll all be here waiting for you when you get back!

MAC_Whore

Heck ya, I remember you. You are doing the right thing by focusing on school. Good luck and see you soon.
smiles.gif

jenee.sum

awww thanks guys!! all of you are freakin awesome! i will make you proud!
choochoo.gif

any of you going back to school too?? (ok now sugar coat your answers so i won't feel so left out
lol.gif
)

TDoll

Ok, this may sound dumb, so I apologize in advance.

I've heard people say this before too...but what's the difference between "college" and "university" where you live? I know theres a difference, but in the U.S. it's just like, "oh I went to college." Although technically they went to a University.

So I say, "I graduated college last year". But it was a state university.
But I'd never say, "I did 6 years of university," where I live.

I've always wanted to ask what the difference was!
smiles.gif

Simply Elegant

Wow that sounds so crazy. At least you're doing well so it's worth it and it's only a little bit left.

Our college is your community college and our university is your college. College is 2 years and university is 3 to 4 years.

redambition

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
any of you going back to school too?? (ok now sugar coat your answers so i won't feel so left out
lol.gif
)

i am studying part time and working full time. i also don't really get any holidays from my study. I have a 4 hour session with a teacher once a month, and have masses of homework and assignments to do in between. I've been doing this course since late last year, and it won't finish until next year.

it is so hard to juggle for me. it's hard to find time to do all my homework, especially when i'm exhausted from having worked all day.

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDoll
Ok, this may sound dumb, so I apologize in advance.

I've heard people say this before too...but what's the difference between "college" and "university" where you live? I know theres a difference, but in the U.S. it's just like, "oh I went to college." Although technically they went to a University.

So I say, "I graduated college last year". But it was a state university.
But I'd never say, "I did 6 years of university," where I live.

I've always wanted to ask what the difference was!
smiles.gif

smiles.gif
don't apologize. no question is a dumb question.
to my knowledge, college and university IS interchangeable in different parts of the world. In canada, they're generally separated verrrry strictly. (does that even make sense?) meaning, they're on totally two different levels. but then again, it's quite subjective as well.

university is an institution where you can obtain graduate degrees such as your Masters or PhD. the length of study is also longer, and in most eyes, it gives you better credentials.

colleges, here, are shorter in length, you can't get graduate degrees, and are more hands on.

although many prefer university credentials, it also depends on the area of study. like in my case, if you're going into ECE (Early Childhood Education, for those who do not know), it's better to get your degree/diploma at a college because it's more hands on. going to 3 hour lectures, reading thick ass textbooks, and writing 30 page essays aren't gunna make you more skilled when dealing with children.
tong.gif

HTH!

Although it's nice on my resume that i have my ECE diploma as well as my Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Psychology....sometimes i can't help but to think i should've just gone straight to college. but ECE and psychology do go hand in hand...kinda...lol

ECE + Honors BA psychology = higher pay?!
drools.gif

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by redambition
i am studying part time and working full time. i also don't really get any holidays from my study. I have a 4 hour session with a teacher once a month, and have masses of homework and assignments to do in between. I've been doing this course since late last year, and it won't finish until next year.

it is so hard to juggle for me. it's hard to find time to do all my homework, especially when i'm exhausted from having worked all day.

HOLY. kudos to you! i do NOT know how you're doing it! I've seen soo many people drop out of school because they're working mothers. but some find a way around it. it's hard! i totally give them props for going to school on top of taking care of a family. do you have your own family/kids/married?

GOOD JOB redambition! keep it up!
choochoo.gif

darkishstar

I know the feeling. I'm returning full-time in the fall and working part-time. I'm going to only be lurking as well.. or at least I will try to! My goal is to work extra hard this quarter!

jenee.sum

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkishstar
I know the feeling. I'm returning full-time in the fall and working part-time. I'm going to only be lurking as well.. or at least I will try to! My goal is to work extra hard this quarter!

i better not see any new FOTDs from you! my ass is on to you!
lol.gif

TDoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenee.sum
smiles.gif
don't apologize. no question is a dumb question.
to my knowledge, college and university IS interchangeable in different parts of the world. In canada, they're generally separated verrrry strictly. (does that even make sense?) meaning, they're on totally two different levels. but then again, it's quite subjective as well.

university is an institution where you can obtain graduate degrees such as your Masters or PhD. the length of study is also longer, and in most eyes, it gives you better credentials.

colleges, here, are shorter in length, you can't get graduate degrees, and are more hands on.

although many prefer university credentials, it also depends on the area of study. like in my case, if you're going into ECE (Early Childhood Education, for those who do not know), it's better to get your degree/diploma at a college because it's more hands on. going to 3 hour lectures, reading thick ass textbooks, and writing 30 page essays aren't gunna make you more skilled when dealing with children.
tong.gif

HTH!

Although it's nice on my resume that i have my ECE diploma as well as my Bachelor of Arts with Honors in Psychology....sometimes i can't help but to think i should've just gone straight to college. but ECE and psychology do go hand in hand...kinda...lol

ECE + Honors BA psychology = higher pay?!
drools.gif

Thanks so much! That makes total sense. I have a bachelors in ECE! So I completely understand what you mean. I went to a 4 year state university...(which took me 6 years to complete...lol). The first few years were mainly textbooks, essays, regular school stuff. But then my last 3 years were totally more hands on because I was in the actual "ece program" then my last year I worked in a classroom full time.

So that makes perfect sense! Thanks for helping me understand!
smiles.gif

Latest posts