Impossible Lipstick Request :)

jennyfee

Hey guys!

I'm getting married in a few months and I'm looking for the perfect red lipstick...

I want something that:

-ABSOLUTELY DOES NOT TRANSFER!! :) Don't want my hubby stained red at the altar haha
-Stays comfortable, not too drying
-Ideally a matte or semi-matte finish
-Opaque coverage

Would love to get some recommendations!

I'll list which ones I've tried and my comments so I can help you guys in your recs:

1)L'Oréal Infaillible (Didn't like having to apply the balm very frequently, otherwise it craked and felt uncomfortable)
2)Sephora Lip Cream Stain (Transfered even after a few hours of dry down!!)
3)Lise Watier Duo Glam (Ideal formula and comfort, but transfers even after a few hours of dry down)

I don't mind if it's low/high end, would love to hear your ideas!!

Thanks!!

Janie

hwdsprincess

Personally think ruby woo is good at that but I'll wear it tomorrow and smoother the hubby see how that goes if any is left on him

hwdsprincess

Lol so i tried it now I applied and walked over and kissed him on the cheek left a little mark drank from a cup no mark kissed him on the lips no mark : ) so I think you should let is stay a bit then kiss test but it was a really light mark for being a red lipstick I think the matte is why it stays so well.

hwdsprincess

And full color is still there despite the kiss on the cheek drinking water and smooching on the lips! I say GET IT!

lindas1983

Lipcote can be a little drying but not any more than most longwear lip products, however I find it only really works well with matter texturied lippies, so avoid textures like lipbutters if your going to try it. The lipcote is pretty cheap so why don't you try buying it and then when you go to counters try on the lippies you like put your lipcote on over it and then see how it lasts. If it pasts all your tests go back and buy the lippie :).

ashley8119

Hi! I think Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge in #8 would be perfect. It's comfortable to wear, a gorgeous red (with the option of matte or glossy, considering it's double ended), and zero transfer. Once it's on, it's on. I even ran my lips under the faucet to see if it would mess up the color and it stayed perfect. It's $24.00, but very worth it (in my opinion). Here is a swatch of it on my lips:

jennyfee

Hi! I think Make Up For Ever's Aqua Rouge in #8 would be perfect. It's comfortable to wear, a gorgeous red (with the option of matte or glossy, considering it's double ended), and zero transfer. Once it's on, it's on. I even ran my lips under the faucet to see if it would mess up the color and it stayed perfect. It's $24.00, but very worth it (in my opinion). Here is a swatch of it on my lips:

That looks great!! Last time I went to Sephora I was undecided between this one and the Sephora Lip Cream Stains... Decided to try out the cheapest one first, but now I HAVE to try this on!! :) Thank you for the rec!

hwdsprincess

I'm gonna have to try that one, it looks so pretty. Thanks!