Industry Professional Discounts

Renee

I would like to know if Bobbi Brown or Stila offer any discount benefits similar to MAC? Any info would be greatly appreciated . I need all the help I can get!

martygreene

Many lines offer professional discounts to makeup artists. Most aren't advertised the way MACs is, and I kinda agree with that methodology myself. Here's some info.

The information required on your part varies from company to company. Some are very stringent in their requirements. Almost all companies require that purchases are made via fax or phone.

BeneFit-
Mail or fax copy of license & contact information to:
BeneFit Cosmetics
re: makeup artist program
685 Market St. 7th floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
fax: (415) 781-3930

Cinema Secrets-
10% discount. Call their number (818-846-0579) to ask for the makeup artist discount when ordering.

Lorac-
40% discount, provide union card, resume, certification, etc. Discount applicable to mail order only (800-845-0705). Fax information to 818-678-3930

Makeup Forever-
35% discount. Fax info (for US residents) to 212-925-9561. Call 212-941-9337 for more info.

NARS-
30% discount. Email [email protected] for application form and requirements.

Smashbox-
WE REQUIRE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING:
Agency card with photo id
Professional tear sheet with your name on it with photo id
Valid union card with your photo id
-OR-
WE REQUIRE TWO OF THE FOLLOWING:
Professional agency letter of reference with business card & photo id
Crew call list with press material & photo id
Valid makeup artistry certificate (within the last 5 years) & photo id
Please fax the requirements for verification and include the following:
Full name
Address, city, state & zip code
Home & Work/Cell phone numbers
E-mail address

Once approved, Smashbox cosmetics will issue a professional 40% discount authorization letter. You may place an order by calling 888.763.1361 or fax 310.558.1491.

Stila-
40% discount
Mail 2 credentials (bus. card, license, etc) plus a copy of a photo ID along with address & phone number to:
Stila Cosmetics, Inc.,
Corporate Headquarters
2801 Hyperion Avenue #102
Los Angeles, CA 90027

Sue Devitt Studio-
40% for professional makeup artists
888-870-1150

Temptu-
20% product discount, 15% equipment discount
Accepts proof of MAC PRO membership as proof of profession. Fax info to 212-675-4075. Call 212-675-4000 for details

Vincent Longo Cosmetics-
30% for professional makeup artists
877-LONGO99

Nixie Cosmetics
40% for professional makeup artists
http://nixiecosmetics.com/artists/artists.asp

Becca Cosmetics
http://www.beccacosmetics.com/inform...php?info_id=23

Three Custom Color
[email protected]

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
20% for professional makeup artists
OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE COSMETICS
100 VERDI STREET / EAST FARMINGDALE, NY 11735
PH: 631.815.2426 / FX: 631.815.6208
EMAIL: [email protected]

Face Atelier
FACE atelier wants to serve the needs of professional make-up artists within Canada and the United States. The Preferred Pro Program is designed specifically for eligible makeup professionals.

Required Submission:
Minimum of two portfolio pictures

Submit ONE of the following:
Published credit
Letter of reference from bona fide modeling agency or photographer

For further information about how to apply and program benefits, please contact [email protected].

mae13

Stila-
40% discount
Mail 2 credentials (bus. card, license, etc)

What would qualify as a second credential? I have a business card, but I don't have any sort of official credentials (ie: school certificates or liscences) since I am small-scale, self-taught and freelancing.

For the Pro card I sent in my card, a copy of a contract and a personal recommendation from a client. Would that be enough?

martygreene

No. MAC instituted the fee policy around the time when they were bought out by EL. This is not an industry standard practice.

baby_love

I know that if you work at a STORE owned by EL (Clinique, Aveda, Origins etc...) you get a discount at the MAC store, and if you work at a MAC store, you get a discount at the other stores.

the discount doesn't apply to employees who work at counters.

VeronikaJ

Actually, MAC employees who work at partnered locations (Dillard's, Nordstrom, etc) do still receive their MAC discount and a discount at freestanding EL locations (Aveda, Origins, etc). This is because even when you work at a partnered location, you still work for MAC/Estee Lauder. I know Nordstrom MAC artists gets paid by Nordstrom but they are still MAC employees, also.

baby_love

ahh I didn't know that. I know that I don't get discounts at the MAC store, and I work for an EL company, but I guess it's different if you work for MAC.

ZoeFerret

I was wondering if any of you all know if being a licenced cosmetoglist/hair stylist counts for any of those? I know MAC does, unsure of others. Thanks!

KMFH

Kevyn Aucoin!!!

I wanted to add on here that Kevyn Aucoin Beauty offers an industry discount as well! Its not well known cause no stores honor it, it has to be purchased directly thru myself or Carla Aucoin. If anyone wants the form sent to them you are welcome to email me and ill get it out to you. You will need proof of you proffesion as well tho, and the discount is 30%.

Thought you'de all like to know!

trisha

Stila will have a section of the site soon for artists to get discount! i think it'll be added when our websites are redone! x

miss_emc

Quote:
Originally Posted by capytan
Regarding the mac program, is this available in Australia?

Yes the Pro Membership (PPID) is available in Australia although the discount is 30% for make-up artists and 20% for any other industry profession (ie. beauty therapist, nail tech, model etc...)

If you contact one of the freestanding stores you can organise them to send out an application. Discounts are only available at freestanding stores not counters unfortunately
ssad.gif

farra712

Has anyone gotten the NARS discount? I am wanting to apply as I have started doing much more freelance work for events, but there application says to send a call or tear sheet and I don't have one of those. I was wondering if anyone without one has applied and gotten approved. I would really like to start buying some of their products but my closest retailer is 2 1/2 hours away which is too far to drive for product that is more expensive than MAC. Thanks in advance!

Latest posts